Chapter 30

Francesco POV

Maria and I have been discussing the possible outcomes that could happen with the events that have been occurring in the last couple of days. Both her and I have been focused on finding leads on the German Mafia and how they have a hand in the issues we have been experiencing as a Mafia and family.

We have only had Mia for a couple of weeks and we love her so much, but feel like we have not been giving her the life we wanted because of these threats. When the twins sent the picture of her earlier, it became more apparent about our lackluster jobs we have been doing since she has been back.

Vince came to us the other mentioning how Mia is noticing our absence recently. She continues to ask about where Papa, Mama, and older bubbas are when they are hanging out. We thought that she would not notice that much since she sees us in the morning and at night, but then again it is only for a moment in the morning and a couple hours at night. Comparing to us a week ago, spending all of our time with her and giving her undivided attention, I suppose it would be noticeable.

Then add in the conversation about her going to the park. I think we forgot that just because there are people around you does not mean that you are not lonely. Thank god for JJ. Never thought I would be happy about a boy hanging around my daughter, but he's her only friend outside of the family.

And because of that we decided to make some changes. We first thought about asking Dom and River to move in temporarily to keep Mia company, but realized how selfish that would be to ask. Although, I do think they would have agreed.

We then decided to enroll her into a summer camp that JJ is attending. This way she will be surrounded by people her age and is not trapped in the house all-day.

We were planning on enrolling her into camp eventually over the summer, but with the current events we did not want her to feel bored and trapped.

We discussed it with Dom and her therapist, she has yet to meet, about how fast we are moving but after further discussion thought it would not hurt.

The summer camp is only three times a week so we would still have her for the majority of the week, but it would allow us to work without neglecting her and get her outside her comfort zone. The camp starts in a week. During that time, we are going to introduce her to the therapist and get everyone in a routine.

Not only will this camp be beneficial for her, but her brothers as well. I know the boys do not mind hanging with Mia all the time, but this is their summer as well and they have not hung out with any of their friends for a while. Eventually, that will weigh on them.

Once Maria comes back down stairs, we are going to discuss the new routine we are hoping to implement for the next couple of weeks.

I see that all the boys and Lydia are already in the living looking anxious. Jeez, we are not that bad.

"Ready?" I hear Maria and see her on the last stair.

"Lets just wait another minute or two. Maybe, we will get confessions." I tell her.

She just rolls her eyes by does not make any moves to go into the living room. About three minutes later, I decided we should end their misery.

"Enzo, broke the vase not me!!" Rocco shouts once we step in the room.

"What! No I didn't. Rocco is the reason why the outside pool needed fixing!" Enzo shouts back.

"No I wasn't. It was you and Vince!" He shoots back with accusatory eyes.

"Shut it you dumbass." Vince states glaring at his twin and Rocco.

See this is what I was talking about. I look at Maria giving her an 'I told you so' look which she just dismissed with a wave of her hand.