Chapter 18

Mia POV

I can't believe I have been with these people for almost a week they tell me! I mean my family. I still can't believe I have a family that wants me. This week I have experienced some many things with them.

First, I get at LEAST three meals a day! It has been amazing. So much food. Then if I want I could even eat some snacks! Heaven I tell you.

I must say I was scared when I was first in the house. It was really dark and scary, but then Vincey came and made it all better! When I am around him I get this sense of familiarity and safety, something I haven't experienced. Plus he is a great cuddler so warm!

The next day, I had this elapse of judgement as I like to call it. I was so worried and scared that I made Santi mad and upset with me. I made Mister and Missus like that all the time and every time I did it they told me I had an elapse of judgement, but I am not quite sure what that means. But unlike previous times, Enzy was there to comfort me and hugged me until I was calm. I didn't get hit one time. It was truly unbelievable!

I got to experience my first ever movie! It was called Encanto and it was so great. So many colors and I really loved Luisa. I want to be strong just like her. My favorite song was "We Don't Talk About Bruno". I kept singing it until I fell asleep. My brothers and parents loved it! Maybe I'll become a singer.

I met Uncle Dom-Dom, too! Apparently he is a doctor like the one from the hospital. He checked out my ouchies and even gave me a lollipop. It was strawberry flavored and I loved it. It reminded me of Lya which I need to ask Mama about. I miss her, but Tony did say she was going to visit soon.

When we got back from talking to Uncle Dom-Dom, I was able to take a nap as I was very sleepy. But when I woke up Ro-Ro and Enzy were at my door waiting to play with me! They first took me on a tour around the house and that was so fun! One the first floor there is the family living room, kitchen, dining room, theater room, game room, several guest rooms, Papa's and Tony's offices. Then on the second floor is where all the rooms are. From the right of the stairs you'd have Mama's and Papa's room, then Tony and Leo's. Then on the other side of the hallway you have Santi, Vincey, Enzy, Ro-Ro, and mines plus a playroom! Then there is a third floor that Enzy told me was filled with offices of the rest of the family. Then he showed me the basement where there is a gym, indoor swimming pool, bowling alley, another living room, a bedroom, and kitchen. Outside was amazing as well! Everything I could have even think about was there and then some!

On the third day, we went shopping. I am not quite sure why because I had everything I needed, but they wanted to get me more clothes and when I asked I got and I quote "it important for you to pick out your own clothes because your opinion matters when it comes to expressing yourself." I am not quite sure what all that meant, but I was happy they wanted me still so I just nodded my head.

On the fourth day, I really wanted to try that swimming thing that Ro-Ro mentioned on day one! I was little scared to ask because of past reactions but it went well.

flashback to her asking

"So, chipmunk. What do you want to do today?" asked Enzy.

He always calls me funny names each morning. So silly. What did I want to do? Hmmm.

"S-swimming?" I asked tilting my head.

I still didn't know what it was and wanted to do it. I looked around the table to see what their reactions were. I saw a lot of hesitant faces.

"u-uh. N-nevermind." I said shyly when no one answered.

"Little one, we are not mad. We are just concerned that your body might not be able to handle that strenuous activity just yet. " Leo said as he continued to put some fruit on my plate reassuring me.