Chapter 31

Antonio POV

Good Afternoon, Mr. Bianchi. We are landing in Moscow, Russia. Please put on your seatbelt for landing.

I heard the pilot say through the speaker. Although I may have a private plane, it does not make this 20-hour flight that enjoyable. Especially, when I am away from Mia and the fact I am here due to the issues within my mafia.

"Mr. Bianchi, your car is on the pad waiting for you." The flight attendant said.

I just nod my head in acknowledge and finish stretching to only sit in a hour car ride. Great.

"You know-" the flight attendant started saying

"No. I do not. Plus, I don't swing that way. Bye." I say before they could finish their sentence.

I thought I was able to prevent the promiscuity of flight attendants by requesting a male, but apparently I was wrong, duly noted.

I walk off the plane and I am greeted with Vlad.

"Good evening, sir. Maxim could not meet you upon your arrival time, but will have dinner ready by the time we get to the house." He said.

"Vlad, I told you that you don't have to call me sir." I tell him while stepping into the car.

"Oh I know, but it's fun." He chuckles while hopping into the drivers seat.

"Why does Maxim have you playing chauffeur?"

"What do you mean? There is no greater honor of an underboss than picking up another mafia leader at the airport." He says while pulling out to the open road.

"Right..."

"I was doing some business deals over here when Max said you were arriving and I decided to pick you up." He answers.

I just nod and look at my phone for any new message. I had quite a few, but none from the person I was hoping.

"What do you look so glum?" Vlad said while switching lanes.

"No reason."

"Right..."

"Yep."

"Well, Max will get it out of you once we reach the house so." He says in almost threatening tone.

"I was just expecting a text from someone..." I say with a sigh.

"A girl?!" Vlad says mockingly.

"Oh shit, really?" He follows up after seeing my face.

"Yes, but not in the way you are thinking. Mia, my little sister."

"Oh, right. I remember Max telling me that you found her. Congrats by the way."

"Yeah. She has been with us for almost a little less than a month, but has already changed the the whole atmosphere. I cannot believe I have to be away from her especially when she is starting therapy."

"Hmm. Well, we are a couple hours ahead. Maybe she is sleeping or doing kid things?" Vlad says trying to relieve my stress.

"Maybe..."

1 hour later

"Welcome back to Petrov Resident, Mr. Bianchi." a maid said to me while taking my bags to my room.

I just nod and head to the dining room.

"Tony, how you doing man?" Max says as soon as I enter.

"Been better."

"Understandable. Let's eat dinner and catch up on personal matters. Then tomorrow we can start working on business issues."

"Okay."