Chapter 15

Mia POV

Flashback

"Get back here you little wrench!" I hear Mister yelling at me

I try to make a run for the basement, but it was no use. He got me.

"You think you can just leave the house whenever you want to!??" He yells at me

"N-no s-sir. I-i--"

"DID I GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO SPEAK!"

I just nod my head no.

"You are useless no wonder you parents never wanted you! I am tired of looking at you!"

And with that he thew me at the wall.

Flashback over

"s-stop." I woke up whispering and crying.

I was able to stop crying to realize that I am in unfamiliar room. It's dark and scary and I don't really like it. I try to get off the bed but end up getting trapped by something on the bed and I fall off.

It hurts!

I can't seem to find the door as it is dark, but I am already crying from the fall and being scared. I continue to cry until I am suddenly in a hallway?

Vince POV

I cannot believe that Mia is back. I am still in shock. On our way back from the hospital I was so very kindly brought aware of how much I scared Mia in the hospital by Tony and Leo. Throughout the hour or so ride back, they would not shut up with lecturing on how I need to be nicer to her and that I just looked like a creepy statue.

So kind.

I know I may not have been the most welcoming compared to my twin and Rocco, but I didn't see him being all that friendly. Actually, Leo either. At least I was in her presence and I think she knows my name. Anyways...

Even when we got home and I went to my room, I couldn't fall asleep. I just keep reliving the moment of us seeing her in the hospital room. Beat up, but there.

I decided to get a glass of water to try to calm my nerves when I suddenly hear crying from the hallway. I immediately knew it was Mia and run to her. She is laying on in the middle of the floor in a ball crying.

I pick her up immediately and start rubbing her back.

"V-vincey?" I hear her mumble.

She continues to cry and I decided to take her to my room in hopes of calming her down. After a few minutes she is able to calm down.

"Luce, what happened?" I asked her in the softest voice I could manage.

"I-i-i w-was d-dreaming a-a memory a-and I-i w-woke u-up and i-it d-dark and s-scary and I-i f-fell and I h-hurt" she struggles to get out and she starts crying again.

"Hey, it's okay. Remember that we brought you back from the hospital and now you're back with your family." I say as I continue to rub her back.

She cries slowly turn into whimpers then hiccups.

"Do you wanna stay with me tonight?"

All she does it nods her head yes and cuddles more to my chest. She looks so adorable. Then I remember she said she fell.

"Luce, are you still in pain?"

She nods her again yes.

"Okay, let's go downstairs first before we go back to sleep and get you some medicine."