Chapter 17

Francesco POV

After Enzo told us about Mia's panic attack, I got anxious about her health and angry that I could not find her sooner to prevent this. Luckily, when she woke up she seemed better and happy. She loved the movie that Maria picked out. Encanto. She kept singing 'We don't talk about Bruno" until she fell asleep.

Today, we are going over to a close family friend office, Dominic. He works with our mafia and is the head doctor. He also has his own practice that is separate for people not associated with mafia business. I remember the first time I met him and I about sucker punched him into his next lifetime. Smug piece of shit, but that is a story for another time.

We are supposed to be leaving soon, but I have not seen anyone come from upstairs yet. Figures.

"Fran, have you seen Mia?" I hear my wife yell for upstairs.

"I got her! We are almost ready!" I hear one of my sons yell back.

I just shake my head. Have we always been this chaotic? Jesus. I look up the stairs and see my oldest coming down in his usual suit that he wears to work. He did not want to go knowing that Mia had an appointment, but he knew there was no point in all of them attending especially when we know the doctor and he has a business to run. However, the other boys were not as understanding.

flashback

The boys and I are downstairs waiting for Maria to come back from putting Mia down. It was taking longer than we expected. I was about to go up there when Maria came down with a solemn look and sighed.

"What happened"

"Why did it take so long?"

Asked the twins at the same time.

"Well, Mia was happy and singing until I was about to leave and then she started to panic. So, I decided to stay with her until she fell asleep. I was thinking that maybe she should sleep-"

"I'll take her."

"Awe, my poor baby. She can sleep with me."

"I can take her in case she starts panicking again."

"She'll sleep with me."

"I could always use a munchkin to have by my side."

"Younger sibling bonding time. I'll take her."

All of the boys replied before Maria could finish her sentence slightly glaring at each other. Maria and I looked at each other smiling at the boys replies.

"I suppose she won't be spending the night with us then." Maria replied chuckling at the boys instant replies.

"That's fine, but you boys will have to decided who gets her and you better not wake her." I reply giving them a stern look at the end.

All the boys nod at my response, but I could tell they were all trying to figure out how to get to Mia first without waking her.

"Also, I wanted to let everyone know that Mia's appointment with Dom is going to be tomorrow at 12:30. I think it would be best for just me and Fran to go." Maria tells the boys.

"BUT-"

"No. This is not up for discussion. There is no need for all of you to be there." Maria replies before they could say any more.

"I'll meet you at the appointment." Santi replies.

We nod and he heads upstairs.

"WHAT! Why does he get to go?!" Rocco says frustrated.