Chapter 14

Francesco POV

No words could describe how relieved and happy that we finally have her back. I was nervous that she would be scared of us when we first met, but she seemed to warm up to us quite easily.

I can tell that the boys are excited to finally have their baby sister again. Watching them interact with each laughing and smiling made me realize how incomplete our family truly was but Mia has changed it back to feeling whole again in just a short amount of time.

I was livid when I saw the damages that those heinous people created on my principessa. I cannot believe someone would even think about being so cruel to a five year old. Although my family and I are in a mafia, we never target children. That is the only rule that every mafia upholds to never target each other children. Unfortunately, the german mafia decided to think differently that night.

We later found out that the mafia was having internal issues with the leadership. Leading them to split after they target Mia. Unfortunately, we have not been able to capture and torture all of the people who were involved in the kidnapping. We did make a temporary alliance with the original leader of the german mafia to take down the other people. The group that took my child now go by the name kreuzfhrer or the crusaders. A band of misfits. Their leader still lives, but not for long...

Once Mia got comfortable with the boys, my wife and I both stepped out of the room to discuss the next steps.

"I cannot believe she is here."

"I know. I was surprised when I got the phone call."

"I still do not get why did not tell me about this." with a little annoyance in my voice.

Maria just sighs

"Honey, I know I should've called you when I got the phone call, but I just couldn't. I know we promised that we would deal with everything for better or worse, but I couldn't see you get disappointed if it wasn't her."

"But even if it was not her, I still would want to be with you no matter what. Would I have been disappointed? Yes. But would be in it together? Yes. I appreciate that you thought of my feelings, but it also my responsibility to be there for you. So, if anything like this comes up I want you to tell me no matter what, okay?"

"Yes, dear. I am sorry."

"I cannot stand mad at you for long so. Where do we go from here?"

"Well, on you way here I called Alessia and told her to start preparing Mia a room with the details that Mia has told me. Then I also told her to tell the rest of the staff to also get the house to be more child friendly. I want to start looking into school to enroll her in if she able to cope with the new environment. I doubt they decided to give her an education so she may behind, but with so extra tutoring I am sure she will get back on tr--"

"Wow, you seemed to have planned everything, huh."

"I suppose so."

We just burst out in laughter.

Maria was so happy to finally have a girl. Not just because she could dress her up because she did that to the boys anyways, but she was proud that she gave birth to a girl which has not happened in generations. I remember when I called my brothers and parents and told them about Mia. They all flew over from Italy the next day to see her. I could never forget that day. One of the happiest days in my life. I cannot wait to call and tell them the news.

"I wonder when we will be able to take her home."

"Same. Let's go back in and see how the boys are spoiling her innocence."