17

Jack disappeared as Peter returned.
"You listened." He looked at me.
"I can't go anywhere." I snorted.
"Fair enough."
"I wanted to offer you a deal."
"What?"
"You won't be in that cage all day. Your brothers go home, you can prance along Neverland all you want. But you take down all magic you have built around yourself."
"No." I said as soon as he finished. I still looked like the blond girl, but all magic meant my walls. I can't be a player with emotions that nearly killed me in the past.
"Fine." He bit his lip. "Restore our connection and you won't be in the cage."
"No." I smirked.
"Alright, but one more thing, when we were playing, the only people left were me, you and your brother. You still could've won."
"But you said there were six people."
"To see your reaction, the blood rush." He smirked.
I rolled my eyes. "So."
"And you decided to kiss me." He looked at me. "Which was very interesting."
"I was experimenting." I said.
"Are we gonna go back and forth quoting each other now?"
I sighed.
"I just wanted to ask why you chose that, option."
"You said to earn it I'd have to go through you, my brain put together, earn it through him."
"You used my own weakness against me." He smirked.
"That's why it's called a weakness."
"That's very villainous, for a hero."
"Who said I was a hero?"
He laughed. "Are you a bad girl Ash?"
"The worst." I smirked.
"Then get back in your cage."
"You watch your ass Peter." I got up.
"Want to kick it again?"
"Nah, you can do it yourself."
"Cage. Now."
I obeyed, and sat. He lifted me up. Once he was gone, I popped the loose bar and climbed out. I scrambled onto another cage. "Jack?" I whispered. "Jack!"
A hand covered my mouth. I freaked out at first, then heard his gentle voice. "Shhh. I'm right here." He whispered.
"Sorry." I shrugged and crossed cages toward the beach. I jumped down on my roof.
"What is this place?"
"Home."
"Please, no one lives in Neverland." He scoffed.
"While I'm here. It's home." I sighed.
"There's no magic, he can get in."
"He can also sense all magic on Neverland, put it up he'll know I've escaped."
"What do you really look like?" He asked climbing to the door.
"What do you mean?"
"This isn't you. You're the daughter of The Evil Queen. No one she made you with could turn you like this." He said.
"Fine." I removed my magic.
"Now that's more like it."
I let him in.
"Well this is cozy."
"What are you really here for?"
He sighed. "You. I need your help."
"Oh no." I moaned.
"Look, everyone is gonna want you once they find out..." he trailed off.
"What?" I stepped forward. "Once they find out what?"
"Look you're only here because you're, a very powerful, weapon."
"What?"
"You can be used to hurt so many people." He sighed.
"And you need me to hurt someone too?"
"No. I need something back from an old friend."
"But how can I hurt people?" I asked. "My mother has more magic than me."
"Sometimes the best heartbreakers are the ones who've been heartbroken too many times before."