Chapter 17: You mean a lot to him

Jaehyun turned up with Chaeyoung at his farewell dinner with his colleagues. Taeil, Johnny and Jaehyun's boss, Doyoung, were around. They were surprised to see Chaeyoung. Johnny appeared very excited, in fact way too excited for Jaehyun's liking as he was reminded of their conversation a while back - Johnny saying he would be happy to sleep with Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung greeted his colleagues politely. Throughout the dinner, whenever Johnny or Taeil made fun of Chaeyoung, Jaehyun would made sure to step out and shield Chaeyoung or help her answer their difficult questions. When they tried to get Chaeyoung to drink alcohol, Jaehyun would also help her drink. In the end, Jaehyun was drunk and Chaeyoung had to bring him home.

Before they took their leave, Doyoung told Chaeyoung, "Chaeyoung-ssi, please treat Jaehyun well. For you and both of your son, he chose to give up on the career he built with us and start anew in a new base. From that, I know you mean a lot to him."

Chaeyoung nodded, "I will. Thank you."

The next day, Jaehyun woke up and found a warm bowl of seaweed soup by his bedside. He knew at once Chaeyoung had woken up earlier to prepare it for his hangover before going to work. He felt warm, thoroughly enjoying the care from his wife.

A while later, Yeri and their mum brought Jeongwoo over. Jeongwoo would be shifting in with Chaeyoung and Jaehyun. Looking at the undone bed in the guest room, Yeri mocked at her brother, "Looks like sister-in-law isn't charmed by your looks, you are still sleeping separately from her!"

Jaehyun's mum furrowed her brows at Yeri to stop her from making fun of her brother. She then turned to Jaehyun and encouraged him, "I can tell Chaeyoung is accepting you into her life. No woman would marry a man whom they do not trust, try harder and I believe you can win her heart."

"Yes yes, let me know if you need help!" Yeri said excitedly.

Jaehyun rolled his eyes, "you are the last person I will ever get help from." But whatever Jaehyun's mum said has been etched in his heart. Any uncertainty of winning Chaeyoung's heart was long gone with his mum's wise words. He was determined to win Chaeyoung's heart.

After Yeri and their mother left, Jaehyun was taking care of Jeongwoo alone and was struggling a bit. Although he had been taking care of him, without his mum's and Yeri's help, everything seemed to be tougher.

During lunchtime, he gave Chaeyoung a call.

"Yes? Still feeling unwell from hangover?" Chaeyoung spoke upon picking up the phone.

"I am fine, Jeongwoo is here already. I am taking care of him but he looked like he's in a daze and I am not sure how to cheer him up."

"Has he had his milk?" Chaeyoung asked while glancing at the clock.

"Oh right! He must be hungry!"

Chaeyoung could hear some noises over the phone and figured that Jaehyun was running to the kitchen to make milk. After a few moments, she heard some loud noise as if something dropped onto the floor and Jeongwoo cried in the background.

"Oh dear oh dear, I just dropped Jeongwoo's milk bottle and he seemed to be startled by the sound... Calm down, Jae, calm down." Jaehyun was muttering to himself over the phone.

Chaeyoung can't help but to laugh at Jaehyun.

"Yah, don't laugh at me, hurry come back after your work and save me. No working overtime tonight alright." Jaehyun said, but in a loving tone.

"Ok. If there's anything else, give me a call again."

"Ok, remember to have your lunch. See you tonight." Even in the midst of a chaos, Jaehyun would not forget to show concern for Chaeyoung.

After Chaeyoung hung up the phone, her nurse looked at her and smiled, "Dr Park, did something good happen at home? You have been smiling more often!"

"Did I?"

"Yes, smile more! Your smile looks really beautiful!"

Chaeyoung returned a small and shy smile. She indeed felt happier these days after Jaehyun came into her life.