Chapter 22: Are you sleeping here too?

As promised, Jaehyun returned home that night. He was obviously in a good mood that even Jeongwoo could sense it. He was all smiles when his father picked him up into a tight embrace.

"I came home earlier and prepared dinner. Go have a shower first." Chaeyoung walked out of the kitchen and told Jaehyun, smiling at the sight of the father and son duo hugging and playing with each other. Chaeyoung had decided to return home early to cook for Jaehyun personally. She had also allowed the nanny to go home earlier so the three of them would have some family time.

How did the usually dense Chaeyoung who knew nothing about relationship know all these tricks? Of course it's her sister-in-law Jennie who gave her all these advices!

"Yes, ma'am!" Jaehyun smiled and joked with Chaeyoung. Finally he could understand how it feels like to return to a warm home after work, to his wife and child, and to the aroma of his wife's cooking. He has never felt this way before and he truly enjoys it, calling this the best moment of his life.

The three of them enjoyed their dinner together. After Jaehyun helped Jeongwoo his shower, he played with Jeongwoo until 10pm. Chaeyoung had to remind them that it's time for bed. But Jaehyun couldn't bear to spend a second away from Jeongwoo.

He placed Jeongwoo in the baby cot and stood by the cot for a long time, talking to Jeongwoo. Finally, he was about to leave for the guest room when Chaeyoung stopped him, "It's been a while since you spent time with Jeongwoo, how about you sleep here tonight?"

Of course, it's another advice given by Jennie, Chaeyoung finally mustered the courage to say it to Jaehyun.

Jaehyun blinked blankly at Chaeyoung, unsure of whether he had heard things right, "Then are you sleeping here too?" He then internally cursed himself for asking a foolish question. He hoped he didn't sound like he's chasing Chaeyoung out.

"Am I supposed to sleep elsewhere?" Chaeyoung gave an awkward smile.

"No, no! I mean, of course I won't mind sleeping here but are you ok with me sleeping in the room with you?" Jaehyun rushed to explain himself.

Chaeyoung hummed and nodded, then took her leave to shower. Jaehyun almost screamed and jumped in joy when after the realization that he would be sleeping in the master bedroom. He had a hard time trying to keep his expression calm so he didn't look like a deprived teenage girl.

After Chaeyoung went into the shower, Jaehyun walked excitedly to Jeongwoo and started speaking to him, as he was dying to share his excitement with someone, "Jeongwoo ah, your mum is allowing me to sleep here tonight. Are you excited too?"

"Yes.." Jeongwoo giggled as Jaehyun showered him with kisses all over his face.

When Chaeyoung came out of the shower in he nightgown and robe, Jaehyun was already lying down on his side of the bed. Chaeyoung then walked to her vanity table for her skincare routine. Although she didn't realize that the hem of her nightgown had slid upwards after she sat down, showcasing her fair and slim thighs, Jaehyun seemed to have realize it and it had an effect for him. It seemed like he had underestimated Chaeyoung's figure. She doesn't really doll up much normally, and most of the time she is in her doctor's coat. Now he finally catch a glimpse of Chaeyoung's attractive curves, and he finds his body reacting to it. Jaehyun is a healthy grown up man, in a room with his wife afterall.

*cough* "Chaeyoung, would you like to adjust your nightgown a bit?" Jaehyun asked after a while when the gown slid further upwards. He figured that if he didn't ask, he might not survive the night without a cold shower.

It took Chaeyoung a while to understand what he meant. Afterall, it's the first time she's sharing a room with a man, not counting the night four years ago. In addition, she's a doctor who comes into contact with human bodies so often so she didn't find anything wrong initially.

The awkward atmosphere slowly disappeared as both Jaehyun and Chaeyoung continued doing their own things. Jaehyun scrolling through his phone on his side of the bed and Chaeyoung reading her book on her side of the bed. There's an invisible gap between the two of them.

Chaeyoung then put away her book and switched off her side of the bedside lamp after checking that Jeongwoo was sound asleep, prompting Jaehyun to also switched off his bedside lamp.

The both of them lay in bed quietly. Chaeyoung's floral scent drifted towards Jaehyun, arousing his senses and his heartbeats seemed to quicken. Chaeyoung on the other hand, did not have it better too. She tossed and turned in bed a couple of times, unable to fall asleep.

"Can't sleep?" Jaehyun asked gently after hearing her rustle for the nth time.

"Perhaps not used to someone sleeping beside me." Chaeyoung replied softly.

"Want me to.. go back to the guest room?" Jaehyun asked slowly. Again, he cursed himself at this stupid question. What if Chaeyoung said yes?! It took him so long to be able to shift into the master bedroom. He didn't want to shift out so soon.

"It's okay, I just have to get used to it." Chaeyoung replied, tone as gentle as ever. Her reply sounded like music to Jaehyun's ears.

Jaehyun heaved a sigh of relief internally. Luckily he wasn't chased out of the master bedroom. After a bit of contemplating, he shifted nearer to Chaeyoung, pressing Chaeyoung's back against him gently, then placed one hand over her waist, caressing and patting the side of her waist gently. "Good night." Jaehyun whispered into Chaeyoung's ear gently, a smile formed on his face when Chaeyoung did not push his hand away.

"Good night." Their night ended with Chaeyoung's gentle reply.