Chapter 7-Texts

Y/n POV

I was waiting on Harper as she's still locking her bike. "Y/n, Harper Hey" I heard a familiar voice say and look at Harper. I poked her in the side to get her to look up and notice Griffin walking to us and look back at me before walking to him with me on her tail.

"You have to see this"  He said "Listen, after we left he hotel last night..mom completely freaked out-" Harper started only to be cut of by griffin. "We have proof, Actual proof" "What are you talking about?" I asked Watching him dig in his pockets and took out a tag out of it. "I grabbed this of a bag when we were being chased" He said while showing us the tag "We buried it in the woods yesterday on the way back to the bunker...remember?" he asked looking at me "Ohhh, yeaahhh...no I kinda forgot about that..." 

He slowly nodded and begun talking again "Yeah...Well that's my dads name. It really was him" "We already knew that kid was your dad" Harper said giving back the tag. walking in to the school. "You were convinced about that portal thing. I needed evidence. So I did a test. The tag was still there this morning." He said while smiling. "Do you know what this means?" Harper asked exited. 

"That time travel is real, and were the ones who proved it" He answered "We can see what happened to Savannah...Maybe even save her!" I said "Meet me at the hotel after school. We'll try going through the portal again" He said "About that-" Harper started only to be cut of by griffin again."If it works, I'm talking to my dad this time. His so different as a kid. You think all people change that much?" He started mumbling "Griffin, we can't go back" I started and stopped  walking with Harper. "That's what I've been trying to tell you.." Harper said and trailed off at the end so I helped with the rest "Mom doesn't want us hanging around the tremont." 

"For how long" Griffin asked kinda disappointed. "This isn't just something that'll blow over. I've never seen her so upset. She said we can't be friends" "We're not even supposed to be talking to you right now" I said sadly

"Why? what did I do?" he asked 

Flashback 

"You heard what Griffin parents said. The Tremont is completely safe." Harper said "The Tremont is cured!" Mom yelled with the 'mom look' , making me, Harper and Topher flinch and look at sadly. Her eyes soften looked at Harper and said "Look, bad things happen here, baby." Then she looked at me "People get hurt. Innocent people. And once they're gone, they're not coming back. They're gone." Then she looked at both of us. "You can't change that no matter how hard you try. I won't take that chance. I won't lose you too" And got in the car.

Flashback's end

We walked away and heard Griffin say "Technically texting isn't talking"

Griffin's POV

I was sitting in class texting the group chat me, Y/n and Harper made. But they weren't answering, so I just continued sending texts, when the teacher came up to me and took my phone and said "Learn from Griffin's mistake. Otherwise, history will repeat itself and I will have a drawer full of fancy phones."

Time skip~~~

I was sitting with the hole family, and dad was currently talking about fixing the house without help like he fixed the lamp over the table. "You're quiet tonight" dad said "Uh, yeah, I just have a ton of homework to do." I paused and looked at mom "May I be excused?" "If you'd been paying attention in class, maybe you wouldn't have so much to do tonight" she said looking at me. "Ugh, Mrs.Douglas called you?" What happened?" asked dad interrupting."Griffins's teacher caught him texting in class. I had to go to the school and pick this up" she took my phone out and put it on the table.