Chapter 9 - Jess...

Griffin's Pov

I was sitting in my room researching information about Savannah and her disappearance , I was right now reading a article with the title "Sulphur springs siren"

"Not in her bunk the next morning.....Dredging nearby lake." I was mumbling to my self until I heard a thud, so I went to look what it was following the thudding noises. On the way I see something white on the floor leading to a door. Soddenly the door oped and scaring me half to death. I look to see. Zoe and Wyatt I sigh in relief.

"Salt. wards off evil spirits" Wyatt said until we heard another loud thud making us all jump. "That's not someone at the door." Zoe said looking at her twin. I ran down the halls with my siblings behind me only to see dad with a big hammer making holes in the wall. He said that it was a hidden room behind it.

And guess what It was. I turd on a radio and it started playing a song and the voice the sang sounded like Savannah. Dad heard it and tried to turn it off but it didn't work so he took the contacted out and it made sparks com out.

"Dad, you okay?...Dad"

3rd POV

Right now the time travelers are in the bunker getting ready to go back in time and they had made a wall between us with a blanket so they could change.

"He was pretending he wasn't, but my dad was totally freaked. It was a song, maybe from camp. A girl was singing it." Griffin explained what had earlier today. "That's when he pulled the plug out?" Y/n asked "Yea, he wanted to stop it....I'm thinking more bad memories. " "More reason to go back there and find the truth." Harper said pulling the blanket open.

"Tell us about the cold wind when he opened the wall." Y/n said opening the door to the staircase. " It was weird. It was like some kind of ghost" He answered following her with Harper. "Well, if it was Savannah's ghost, she may be trying to reach out to us, to get us to help her, to save her." Harper said before she paused "And maybe if we save Savannah, we'll save your dad to."

Time skip~~

The three kids were hiding behind a tree listening to a conversation about the springs and the prank they did.

"I want to know who's behind this prank." Said a man in like principle clothes, on his side was a girl in light blue jeans shorts and a yellow T-shirt saying "Ben and Savannah, I pretty much Caught 'em red handed." "such a teacher's pet" Y/n whispered with an eye roll.

"I hope you took disciplinary action." the man said. "Of course.  Not that it's any deterrent to those two." She answered with a sigh. "They're both trouble. " " Yeah, together. Oh goodness."

The kids look at each other and begun walking away. The kids from the camp were walking and singing the camp-song. "That's it! That's the song on the tape." Griffin exclaimed as the three were watching some kids singing. "No Savannah or Ben." Y/n said "Let's try the camp."

Time skip~~ (Y/n's POV)

We were walking in to the camp and saw Savannah painting a bridge fence. "Looks like fun" I said. She stood up "Oh, yeah. A real blast" She chuckles. "Third time this summer I've painted this bridge-" "Were's Ben?" griffin cut her off. "Around the back..? Trail duty." she answered confused.

"Clearing the path, of supposed to be clearing a path" she said looking to the side. "Give you a hand?" I asked with a smile she flinched a little as I kinda took her by surprise. "Um, goes quicker that way." I continued, She nodded with a smile.

"I'll go see what Ben's up to" Griffin said going the wrong way. "Hey wrong way." Savannah said. Griffin turned around with a blush "I knew that!" he screamed as he ran the other way. "Goofy kid" Savannah said as she sat down beside me. "But he's kinda cute" she said looking at me with a big smile and started painting the fens again. "I guess" I said and blushed.

I looked around for Harper but I didn't see her anywhere so I just assumed she's looking around, and went back to painting.

Griffins POV

I was looking around for Ben when I saw him resting in a rope swing. "Hey!" I said scaring him. "Harry. Geez....You scared me." he said calming down. "So, I, uh, heard about the bust." I said. "Ugh. You and the rest of the world. My dad went back to the city this morning, but not before chewing me out" He said And I nodded him to continue "Let me ask you you something....Are your dad as big of a pain as mine is?" He asked looking at me.

I scoffed "Sometimes" I said. Only thing that makes my dad happy is work." he said looking at the sky "Or when i'm in trouble. That makes his day." He sighed before he continued looking at me again "Imagine how thrilled he'd be if I got tossed out of here." "Is- is that what you want?" I asked.

"You kidding? I love it her. Savannah and I just have to be more careful with our pranks." he answered. "It seems like you two really get along." "Savannah? Yeah, yeah, she's alright. You,uh... You do know the snake prank was her idea?" He said "Really?" "Oh, yeah" he said proudly making me smile.

Back to Y/n's POV

"You know, don't get me wrong, I really look forward to camp. Even if its a different one every year... You know I'm a foster kid right?" Savannah stood up and asked, I nodded and said "That must be kind of tough." She looked at me "Only one thing. If Moss Man were to snatch me, no one would miss me." she said. I looked at her worried sense, one that's really facking sad and two I know she's gonna disappear in a few days.

She looked at me in concern and said that it was a joke. "Right, a joke" I said and stood up before continuing "Look, Savannah, I wasn't gonna say anything, um, but me, harry and Hermione aren't really from around here... We're from the-" I got cut off. "Detroit? Chicago? Mars?" "No. I mean yes." "Mars?" "Chicago."

She looked at me weirdly before she smiled and said "Oh, that's actually a pretty normal place. You had me expecting some sort of bombshell." I smiled and continued painting the fence. "It's really hot. You want a Popsicle?" she asked "Yes please" "I'll go swipe us a couple." she said and ran to get them.

"You're wasting your time on that freak Savannah" I heard a voice behind me say so I turned around. The voice come from a long girl with white shorts and a chary top. "Total troublemaker. I really don't know what Ben sees in her. Anyway I'm Jessica." She said and took her had out to shake but I looked at her angrily before saying. "Wtf?! Who tf do you think you are telling me who I should be friend with?! I am friends with who I want and she's much cooler then you'll ever be!" and with that I give her a hare slap on the cheek and walked away in the direction Savannah ran in, leaving Jess frozen in shock.