Chapter 8 - Blackmail

Y/n's POV

Savannah Screams and the growling got louder. We ran to some bushes while she was distracted. We sat down and heard laughing, we looked at each other confused before listening again. And we see Young Ben.

"Oh, my gosh! Ben, you jerk. I so knew it was you" She said while he was laughing. "No one over five still buys the moss man legend." He took of the mask and said "Yeah, then uh, why did you scream?" 

Right after that Harper grabbed my hand and walked towards them with Griffin. "Whoa. Uh, company." he said looking at us. "Who are you guys, I'd know it if you were campers." Savannah said turning her body to us. "Relax. I saw them yesterday at the hotel." "yea, um we're staying there with our families" Harper said "So do you have any names?" Savannah said looking at Harper and me. I felt a bit shy so a went and stood behind Harper. 

"Sure. Uh I'm Harry and this is..." Griffin said trailing of at the end "Uh, Hermione." Harper said then looked at me "...Ginny" I said "Yeah" Griffin said "They almost took the heat for my snake prank" Ben chuckles "Sorry about that." "Nah, it's cool. Outran 'em, no problem " Griffin said looking at me then at Ben.

"So, Savannah, What's in the backpack?" Harper asked and I stepped out from behind her. "How do you know my name?" She said glaring daggers at Harper while Ben was looking in the backpack. "I um..." "Must've heard it around the hotel." I whispered to her helping her with the excuse "I um, must've heard it around the hotel. After all, you're a bit of a legend." She said earning a little slap in the back of the head from me.

Savannah just scoffed and asked "I am?" Then Ben healed up a can and answered Harper's question "It's two month supply of powdered punch" Savannah looked at him confused at how he knew "What you didn't think I saw you stealing it out of the kitchen?" She took them from Ben and said "All cherry red. Blood red. We dump in the spring and scare the pants off of everyone staying at the hotel." She said walking to the spring "Outstanding" Ben said looking at her. "You guys can help out if you want." She handed us one can each and said "Grab a container, and everyone spread out." 

"If we get caught we're dead. You guys can keep a secret right?" Asked Ben. "Actually pretty good at it." Harper said, I scoffed and said "So far, anyway"

We now stood the edge of the spring dumping Red punch in it. "Ops, dropped it" Said harper and griffin asked "How much do we add?" "All of it"Savannah and I said at the same time with smirks on our faces, we looked at each other and fist bumped before looking back at them I saw Griffin blush a little and looked away.

When we were done Savanna lights her flashlight to see the water. The water was all dark red and disgusting "Gnarly" said Savannah "No, Epic" Me and Harper said together.

Little time skip~

Right now we were on our way to the hotel. I was walking in between Savannah and Ben, Harper was on the other side of Savannah and griffins on Bens. "Remember, you guys agreed." she started, pointing at us "Never mention this to anyone." "Especially your parents." Ben finishing Savannah sentence. "Got it" Griffin said "Not a word" Harp and I said together looking at Savannah and Ben creeping them out a bit. 

"How do you do that?" Asked Ben "yea, you're creepy" Savannah said. Harper and me looked at each other and burst out in laughing. Harp came to me and rested her arm on my shoulder and started an sentence  "We are..." and looked at me then back at them "Twins!" we said with proud smirks, and busted out laughing at their faces.

We stopped walking and Ben said "Anyway..um, we get off here. The Hotels that way." pointing with his head. "See you tomorrow?" Savannah asked looking at us. "Well-" Griffin started only to get cut off by Harper " Yeah, sure. Uh we'll stop by." " Awesome." Ben said and we started walking away parting ways. But before we could go anywhere Savanna came back and said "Epic, I like that....See ya!" she smiled "Bye"

On the way back to the bunker we started talking about our parents again. " My dad said he didn't know Savannah. He lied to me, to my face. Why would he do that?" Griffin said / asked. "Maybe because he had something to hide..?" I said calmly. Griffin stopped walking and looked at the ground before walking again.

Time skip~~

"Sigh" "What?" griffin asked. " It's just sort of like with my mom when our dad died. We was only four, so I don't remember much, and Y/n doesn't remember any thing but his face." Harper said sad and sighed before she continued " Mom never really talks about him.."

We heard owl hooting and looked behind us Harper lifted the flashlight and we saw a banner that said ' Camp dance'. "It can't be." Harper said "A dance?" Griffin asked "The dance. The camp dance that's the night Savannah went missing. It was in the newspaper. She never made it back to the bunkhouse. " I explained "Look at the date" Harper said to him. "August 19th?"

"So if we're right, and we're exactly 30 years in the past, Savannah will go missing in..." I said. "In only a few days." 

3rd POV

After Y/n and Harper we're almost caught by Griffins mom They ran home. When they open the door they saw Topher right in front of the TV with a bowl of popcorn watching a horror movie in secret from their mom. 

"Mom's gonna kill you for being out so late. Hanging out at the Tremont again?" He said not taking his eyes of the screen. The twins slowly closer til the woman in the movie screamed making Topher scream in surprise as he saw the in the door. "Whoa!" They said with their hand up showing that there bright red.

"What did you do?" Asked Topher looking at them. "Huh?" Y/n said looking at her hands then at Harpers "Oh, Nothing. It's just punch." Y/n said to him. "Punch?" "You know, mom doesn't like you watching those movies." Harper said looking at him. "What she doesn't know wont hurt her." He said turning his attention to the screen again. "Exactly.. which is why you're not gonna mention we may or may not have been at the Tremont tonight." Harper said "But if you do, we're telling mom you watch those horror movies when she falls asleep. And you won't be able to watch them anymore" Y/n followed her twin.

"Wait a minute. That's blackmail." Topher said now looking at them. "Yes, that is exactly what this is." The twin said together walking up stairs to their room.