Chapter 12 - ...

Y/n's POV

Me Harper and Griffin were walking to the bunker while talking.

"Mom was definitely jealous of Savanna. Did you get anything out of Ben?" Harper asked. "Um, not a lot. He showed me a song he was working on though. I got to help with it. Like actually helped write it. It was so cool finally getting to know dad." Griffin answered smiling like a dork. But it sadly disappeared as fast as it came. 

"Griffin! we're not here to make friends with our parents. We're supposed to save Savannah." Harper snapped at him. 'Damn..' I thought. "Yeah, I know that, but Ben doesn't really seem to be hiding anything." "We know he is. Why else would your dad be lying to us back at home?" She said. 'Where's the popcorn?' I thought.

"Your mom lied to!" Griffin argued back "Which is why I'm taking it seriously when I question her, and not just giggling over music together." Harper shouted. 'But like fr where's the popcorn?!' "Ben and I didn't giggle." Griffin said making me look dumb folded. "You're just mad that my dad as a kid is fun, and your mom as a kid is...Kind of the worst." 'woah, way to go!' 

Harper looked mad like psycho mad. "We batter get back." She said almost emotionless. Then she raised her voice a bit. "Wouldn't want you to miss dinner with your fun dad." Then she just walked away. But stopped 5 meters away and said " N/N, Come on.." I didn't want to anger her more so I started walking to her while thinking ' Well shit, you made her mad'.

3rd POV  

Griffins and his family are eating dinner at the table.

"I would have fixed up the guest room if I had known you were coming, Bennett. I hope it's okay." Sarah said in disappointment "Oh, I'll make do." he answered with a calm voice. "Griffin, we've been waiting for you. Where have you been?" Sarah said to her son when she saw him coming. "Just, um....Just doing homework." he said.

"All afternoon?" Sarah asked. Before Griffin could answer Bennett said. "Good man, Griffin. Study hard, rise to the top and do important things. It's the Campbell way....At least it was until recently." Looking at Ben, he looked up at him and said "I am doing something important here, Dad. Don't you remember what this place used to look like?" 

'This is so awkward..' Griffin thought. "This place? All to well." Bennett Started. "I'm worried that you're the one with the faulty, Ben. You know, It's not to late for you to go back to Chicago. I can always get you reinstated at the firm. You where doing so well-" "Dad. Enough." Ben said stopping his Dad from talking more. 'Now this is really awkward.' The twins thought.

"Kids, what are you hiding under the table?" Sarah said looking at the twins. Zoe took out an old camera and said "We found it.." "Hey, Grandpa, you're really old. Do you know how to find something called a cassette?" Wyatt Asked "Wyatt!" Sara scolded him for calling Bennett old. "It's okay. So what are you hoping to record with that thing?" He asked 

"A, ghost" Zoe said proudly. "Ah.." Bennett said "Savannah's ghost." Wyatt said. Bennett looked troubled, looked at Ben and Asked "Savannah?" "How many times do I have to tell you we're done talking about ghosts?" He said sternly making it all silent again. 

With the Dunn twins.

Harper were painting and Y/n were lying on her bed scrolling on her phone. 

"You didn't say much at dinner." (Old) Jess came in and sat on Y/n's bed looking at Harper who was still painting. "What's going on?" She asked. "It's just...Why are boys so frustrating?" Harper said referring to the fight with Griffin. "You talking about any frustrating boy in particular? I hope it's not one who lives in a hotel that I most definitely asked you to stay away from." Jess said looking down at Y/n then towards Harpers back again. "No it's not Griffin." Harper started "Just boys in general" Y/N said Before letting Harper continue "They can be so immature."

Jess chuckled "Yeah, I remember what that's like. Come here." She said and patted the spot beside her. Harper put her painting things down and sat beside her twin who's still lying down with her phone. "Boys can make you feel crazy, especially when you have a crush." Jess said. Y/n blushed and thought about Griffin. Harper just looked at her Mom and asked "Did your first crush make you feel crazy?" 

"If you count filling up two notebooks with Mariah Carey lyrics... Then yes." She answered. "Um, how did it end? Was it bad?" Harper asked "It ended the way all crushes do, with someone getting crushed." Jess answered and gave them a kiss on the forehead before walking out. The twins looked at each other before saying good night. 

------------