Chapter Six

By the time Maxy Max returned with the supplies, The Hoff was getting light-headed from blood loss.

"Could you take any longer?" Selena snapped when he walked in. She sighed, "Sorry, I'm just worried."

Thomas put his hand on her shoulder, "Mitch will be fine."

Selena glanced down at his hand on her shoulder, and he awkwardly took it off. The Hoff, despite his predicament, noticed and bit the inside of his cheek.

"Marianne," Maxy Max said, handing her the first aid kit.

Thomas rolled up The Hoff's sleeve, revealing a ragged, bloody hole.

"Jesus," The Hoff winced. "Shouldn't they have sent us a medic? Or at least not left us alone?"

"Or given us basic training," Selena muttered.

Marianne pulled out a cloth and disinfectant. "This may hurt," she warned.

The Hoff quickly grabbed Maxy Max's hand and squeezed it. In return, Maxy Max kissed him on the forehead.

Marianne poured the disinfectant on the cloth and carefully began to clean the wound. The Hoff gritted his teeth and tensed but remained silent.

"All clean," Marianne announced when she had finished. "I think the bullet's still in there, so I should probably try to get it out. I played operation as a kid, so it should be easy."

The Hoff let out a sigh of relief at her words. He was in good hands.

Marianne pulled out a pair of tweezers and swiftly jabbed them into the hole in The Hoff's shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain.

"Jesus, Marianne!" Thomas gasped.

"You're hurting him!" cried Selena.

Marianne shot the two a glare, "I know what I'm doing."

She wordlessly twisted and turned the tweezers, feeling around for the bullet. This caused The Hoff to squeeze Maxy Max's hand tighter.

"Ow, ow, ow," Maxy Max muttered.

After about five minutes of searching, Marianne had accomplished nothing besides opening the wound further. "Okay guys it turns out the bullet isn't in there! So, good news!"

The Hoff groaned weakly, his face pale.

Selena's eyes widened and she smacked Marianne's arm. "Are you kidding me? Look what you did to him!"

Maxy Max was worriedly giving The Hoff water, while Thomas was trying to stop his bleeding with a rag.

"It's fine, I'll just stitch it shut," Marianne waved her hand like it was nothing.

"No! Just wrap it in bandages, you've done enough damage," Thomas interjected.

Marianne sighed and rolled her eyes but complied. "Don't come to me for help next time," she snapped.

~~~

Outside, Tank was organizing the terrorists' bodies. He was dragging them into a line, creating a wall to protect the entrance of the base.

After he finished this, he looted each one and took all of their belongings.

Finally, he removed their clothes and ate them. The clothes, not the bodies.

Satisfied with his work, Tank returned inside to see The Hoff half-dead on the couch, Maxy Max sitting beside him attentively, Marianne sulking, and Selena and Thomas dressing The Hoff's wound.

"God, the vibes in here suck." Tank moaned, sexually. "Can we do something fun?"

"Mitch got shot, Tank," Selena told him matter-of-factly.