Blood and Surgery

Time was running in slow motion for a series of moments, the blood was beginning to rush down into the room but it was as if someone had pressed super slow on a DVD remote, the first few blood droplets travelled slow seconds to the ground but Filly wasn't sticking around to stare in wonder she climbed back through the vent and dropped onto the floor but lost her balance and fell on her side. Taking deep breaths she calmed herself down and got back to her feet. She was getting out of here.

"Screw this" she said to herself. Filly opened the elevator doors fully and was about to step inside but her eyes locked on to a figure inside. He was dressed in rag clothes but most of his scrawny stomach was bare, he wore a gas mask and attached to his fingers were syringes containing a golden liquid. A scream was stuck in Filly's throat when the realization finally kicked in. Scarecrow cocked his head slightly then laughed, he said something but Filly was too scared to concentrate on his words. As Filly slowly backed away from him; he raised his arms above his head then lowered them forward as if he was reaching out to Filly.

That was when blood rushed out of the elevator; the current was so strong that it knocked Filly off her legs, dragged her round the corner and slammed her against the wall. Blood smashed against her as she struggled to stand up and when she was able to steady herself the blood was already around her waist. "This isn't real! This isn't real!" she screamed as she moved through the blood, it was getting higher and higher, the smell stuck to her nose, the tangy taste spreading over her tongue, the horrible feel of it on her bare skin.

"Oh it is very real my dear" he chuckled. He came into sight; the blood parted a path for him like the sea had done for Moses, he was upon reaching distance from her and she could sense a cruel smile underneath his mask. Without even thinking Filly took a deep breath, closed her eyes and dived into the blood. She had no idea which direction she started swimming but it was away from Scarecrow, it seemed as if she had been in the blood for minutes and when she rose to the surface she spluttered out the blood and wiped it off her eyes. The blood now reaches her neck but it doesn't seem to be getting any higher, she can't see Scarecrow and panicky she began to swim back towards the elevator. Then she felt a hand grab her ankle and she was back under. Things nipped and bit her sides as if there were deadly fish in the blood river, she couldn't breathe in this nightmare and the worst part was she knew that Scarecrow would see her in pain when nothing truly was getting to her.

Scarecrow picked up that she was trying to fight against his toxin though she wasn't winning the battle. He laughed and stroked his needles together waiting for the right moment to give her an area dose as she hadn't screamed yet and he so badly wanted to hear her scream.

She kept telling herself that this wasn't real over and over again and it seemed to calm her slightly, but the fear was strangely replaced by annoyance. In the game the hallucinations were never as scary as this, plus in Batman's nightmare the bat light was his weapon against Scarecrow, what was her weapon meant to be?! Against her neck she felt Scarecrow's needles but they didn't puncture her skin, her body froze for a moment as she tried to imagine a nightmare worse than this. Filly closed her eyes and screamed inside her head waiting for some sort of pain. But nothing happened. She hesitantly opened one eye and looked up.

The scene changed, it returned back to normal, her skin and clothes were dry, there was no river of blood but Scarecrow was still towering over her but he looked smaller than he did in her hallucination. His arm was high in the air and it was being brought down in slow motion, the same thing was occurring from before and Filly took her chance to scramble out of his grip and shuffle away from him, then within a flash the time was back in its usual state and Scarecrow's hand punched the hard ground, she was surprised that none of his needles had bent or fallen off.

She laughed internally when she saw the surprise on his face though it didn't last, he saw her a few feet away and stared at her, "What sort of tricks do you have hmm?" he thought to himself.