Working Things Out

Filly stood still in front of the elevator waiting for a few more minutes to tick by. Batman had made his way down there not too long ago and she wanted to make sure that he was running through his nightmare before she went down.

Before Batman went down she showed Doctor Chen where the others were and waited for the Dark Knight, she couldn’t tell if he was surprised to see her (although she was surprised she survived her first fight!), and behind him was Cash, Young and the Doctor Kellerman. Young looked calm but Filly knew that Young was internally shitting herself, Cash looked as though he wanted to teach a few goons a lesson and Doctor Kellerman was shaking so much Filly just wanted to make him a cup of tea to steady his nerves.

Once back in the main area of the medical building they all gathered together, Cash and Young didn’t stay long as they headed off to Arkham Mansion. Then the elevator sounded. Batman quickly took control of the situation and sent the Doctors to Patient Observational Room and told them to barricade themselves; he was about to give Filly an order but the elevator doors had just started to open. Batman quickly went up to his gargoyles and panicking Filly ran to find one of the decorative panels on the floor that could open.

Filly remembered this part of the game for one reason only; her sister started playing Xbox. Her sister could only be described as a girly girl who only had make-up and boys on the brain so it was a curious day when Filly had been sitting doing work then suddenly her sister asked, “Can I play the Xbox?”

At first Filly wanted to laugh at her then stop all serious and say no. But instead she put on the game for her sister. Her sister got through the first part of the game very, very slowly and missed a lot of Riddler trophies, riddles and important things that any other fan would pay attention to. Filly tried to give her words of wisdom but her sister didn’t give a damn. After doing most of the ‘difficult’ parts for her Filly had said to her, “You know, the full point of games is, to work things out for yourself then you get the great feeling of accomplishment.”

Her sister just shrugged her shoulders and left her room.

The goons had been pacing back and forth for a while; she didn’t know what was taking him so long to deal with the thugs. Filly was beginning to lose patience so she waited until one of the goons walked over past her, she climbed out from under as quietly as she could then took him out.  Within seconds Joker came on the speakers, the other two started jogging towards her though she could see Batman gliding out of the darkness and managing to take the one furthers behind. The third had twisted round in panic with his gun up ready to shoot Batman. Before he could pull the trigger Filly managed to reach him and knock him out, her heart was racing with adrenaline that she could not steady herself; her hand grabbed hold of railings and took two deep breaths. You’re gonna have to control yourself Filly.

She looked at Batman, then composed herself then turned herself to him, “What took you so long?”

“I wanted to see what you would do,” he said simply then proceeded towards the elevator, “I want you to check up on the Doctors and see how their barricade holds. If I come across anyone else I’ll send them to you there.”

You won’t find anyone else Batman, she thought sadly.  Now here she was going to disobey Batman, it took her mere seconds to run to the Patient Observational Room and check on the Doctors then back. Sighing she closed her eyes and pushed the button to call the elevator.

Back down there she took slow steps, everything seemed to be ‘safe’, Scarecrows gas seemed to have travelled along with the Batman so she quickly made her way along the path Batman and instead of heading towards the morgue she turned right and met with the thugs that Bman would meet right after his nightmare.