Scarlet Justice: Bonus #4

Kris' POV

This was not my brightest idea. I've managed three hours of sleep, no caffeine and a bagel. A midnight patrol was not how I wanted to spend my night. And neither was this last minute ambush. 

I really shouldn't be on this mission.

"This is a stupid idea," I muttered. I lay over the rooftop with Dick and Damien with a pair of binoculars.

"Father says the chip in that box is worth the trouble," Damien said, giving me a mischievous smirk. I hated it when he did that. It always happened when he knew something I didn't. "Crane has enjoyed his freedom long enough."

"You know, we don't intend for them to escape," Dick retorted.

"And yet, here we are," I gave Dick an exasperated look. Damien wasn't supposed to join us tonight. In fact, I had other plans for Dick and I. Leave it to Bruce and his knew cases to ruin all of my ideas. "I count six on the ground floor."

"Six on rotation, make it double for the side," Dick said.

"I could make this easy for you both," Damien sat up and adjusted his gloves.

"No," Dick and I cut him off. 

"The audio chip I planted on Crane down the block should get us the info we need," Dick explained. "We can't scare off this intel."

"I hate playing spy," Damien grunted.

"That makes two of us, kid," I turned over to check my wrist screen. Sure enough, the audio file was playing right into the computer at the Bat cave. The faster we got the information, the faster we could be out of here. "Data stream is secure. Let's get a move on. I'm hungry."

The three of us split up to cover our respective entrances.

I took the east entrance, leaving me alone to my thoughts. If putting men twice my size to sleep was my idea of alone time, then I was in serious need of a therapy session with Dinah. I dropped from the neighboring apartment to the balcony of the warehouse without a sound. I do have to say, the new tech was always a plus.

Down the walkway were two agents were watching the street. They always make it too simple.

I slipped an electrant pin from my belt and tossed it at their necks. The men were down in seconds. I reached down to disarm them, tossing their bullet cartridge into the street.

Honestly, all the busy work was well worth my time.

After a short honey moon, I was excited to get back to work. That is, I had finally decided to get back to work. Losing Rose made me realize I hadn't escaped from this life. I wasn't going to. Especially since I married Boy Wonder 1.0. And besides, I was too good to pass up.

I like to tell myself that Bruce insisted I stay under his order. With all the HIVE crap we're wrapping up, I was happy to do some side jobs so Bruce could finish his work with the League.

I was thankful I didn't have to associate with the League or the Team. I trusted Bruce and Dick. Neither were fully engaged in either. So, when they needed me I was available. But I wasn't Crimson for the spotlight. I was Crimson because it would help me sleep better at night if I knew where my husband was off to on week-long missions.

Stupid hormones. It didn't help that I was irrationally emotional and wanted to murder everything in my sight.

Damien never helped with that.

I couldn't exactly blame myself. Which is the whole reason why I didn't want to be here.

Another guard rounded the corner as I continued clearing the balcony.