Clean Up in Aisle 52!

Dick's POV

I don't remember ever seeing Kristen land. When we had gotten the clear from Clark, the bustling only got more...bustling.

It took a good five hours to get up and running. By the time we had the Squadron in cells, the sun was rising. And that had only been the beginning.

I think it was pretty classic that Vandal Savage never showed. Most of us assumed he abandoned his lackeys, leaving them without guidance in their respective locations. Either that, or he's dead. After Darkseid showed up alone, it was pretty clear the Eclipse had been left to fend for themselves.

Lex was finally in jail, although he would be upgraded to house arrest soon enough. Klarion had been nicely banished, and the rest were scattered around the world, alone and cozy in their new cells.

Dinah had been quick to assign everyone before Clark, Kristen and the others returned from space. Five hours is a limited window, so I get it. But now, 36 hours after Darkseid's defeat? My body ached, and my brain was totally fried. 

I didn't even bother to unstrap my gloves, I simply collapsed on the couch in the wreck room, the others following closely behind. Kristen sunk into my side and Steph straight up stretched out on the floor.

"I never got my gatorade," Kristen whispered, causing me to laugh. The laugh turned into a wheeze and soon the room was full of wispy giggles and cackles.

Kristen stayed on the couch were she was. I reached up to run my fingers through her still shorter hair. My finger tips lingered over the space on her forehead where the gem used to be. Zatanna had removed it sometime during the clean up. It was almost as if it was never there.

A cold shudder ran through my arm into my body. But I pushed it away.

"What happens now?" Jaime was already at the pool table, setting up a game of 8 ball. 

"Not totally sure," I said, closing my eyes and leaning back into comfort. 

"Nonsense, hermano," Bart was still up and running, moving around the kitchen in search of things to consume. It was a miracle we managed to hear him speak. "We do a couple press conferences, the League will assign liasons to the target locations, you know, the usual."

"Well, sleep is certainly not part of that package."

I groaned at Babs' sarcastic reply and opened my eyes to see her roll into the room and make her way over to the kitchen area. She grabbed a gatorade out of the fridge and tossed it towards me. Kristen reach up to catch it.

"What did they say?" Tim whined. It was the first time I heard him speak since I last saw him the morning before. His voice cracked at the question.

"You should all probably shower before 5 tonight," Barb grimaced at the protests that arose around the room.

"I seriously just put a titan through a boom tube, I'm going to need more than a shower," Kristen chuckled to herself and it made me smile.

"Its been a tough two days," M'gann said from the bar stool behind me. "I'm sure we can handle one last closing."

"Don't forget about the press," Steph snapped back. The press was already out of control. As the world was trying to clean up after our messes, news crews from across the country were staked outside our front door.

"I'm just glad we don't have to answer to any of the target locations, considering we singlehandedly destroyed their cities," Artemis seemed to have been cracking a joke but it flew over the others' head.