Round 2

Dick's POV

There were a couple things very prevalent in the forefront of my brain.

One. I was still in this tux and it would not do.

Two. There were only four figures that stepped through the boom tube. And they weren't Kristen.

Three. Well. I don't really have a three just yet.

"Pave the way, dear ones," Vandal Savage grinned, christening his new horsemen. "Pave the way!"

The Squadron did not hesitate to step off the stage and into the lobby. It seemed like everything was moving in slow motion. As they were moving forward, more things came out of the boom tube. And they were not the usual green things.

Three. We were utterly, entirely screwed. But what was new?

Nightwing? Artemis was now standing with me and knocking an arrow into her crossbow. The gold silk of her dress rippled in the wind of the boom tube and she had kicked off her heels.

Someone get Garfield free. I recharged my escrima sticks. Alpha on me. Beta and Gamma? Let's take the fight outside.

This is a choke point, I heard Tim's voice and snapped in his direction in time to see him and Steph free themselves and Garfield. Beta and Gamma converge on the boom tube.

I'm on Vandy! Bart whipped by us, probably after the remote.

I couldn't waste another thought. I was flanked by my teammates just as the Squadron was on us.

These kids were much stronger than the last time I encountered them. Kristen must have been busy. I charged with Artemis and Conner behind me and slid to my knees, sweeping my escrima stick at the cyborg. But she was up and over in a flip. 

I turned to face her sharpened arm and knocked it to the side, sending electrical charges up her arm. She shrunk back. I guess the kids never learn. I knocked down her arm again, dodging her fist and pressing up to head butt her in the chin. She grunted but recovered quickly. 

I took a hit to my stomach and braced myself as I slid backwards. I slammed down a smoke bomb and charged forward into the air. Slipping through the cloud of smoke, I twisted artfully into a beautiful backwards roundhouse kick which pushed cyborg and her face into the ground. She swung out with her arm which resembled a spiked club towards my torso. It just barely grazed my shirt.

We circled each other. Glancing down, I realized she had actually ripped through the dress shirt.

"Man, I actually liked this outfit," I whined.

"Shut up," She growled back.

Behind you Nightwing? I smiled at the sound of M'gann's voice. 

Gladly. I kneeled down and grinned at the cyborg, definitely confusing her. I jumped up into an arch, flipping backwards over a translucent martian. I landed and watched M'gann swipe her phased hand through the cyborg's arm.

The girl cried out as it short circuited, sending sparks flying. Would you take this one for me, Dick?

Who-? I scrambled to figure out who Malcolm was talking about and just missed the slice of a blade. This kid's weapon of choice was odd, not going to lie. The chain was long and the blade at the end was too long to be a knife. But clearly, he was skilled.

With the slight twist of his wrist, he used momentum and sheer talent to cut through the air in front of me. I weaved to the left and right of the blade, closely enough that I could hear it move through the air.