Beautiful Mess : Chapter 09

Finally, they arrived at Red Rock Canyon. Shreya showed him the way to her favourite secluded place of the park only the locals knew about. It was far away from the main attraction, but also had a very beautiful view.

They began to sat up a little picnic date under the shade of the tailgate.

"I've never brought anyone else here before." Shreya told him.

"Not even you ex-boyfriend?"

"That one was done before I even knew about this place. This one is my fav, so I brought him along too."

Daya grinned. "Me? Your fave?"

Shreya looped her arms around his neck. "You are my most favourite person right now." She replied and kissed him. "But only because of the sex, especially your mouth."

Daya’s smile widened. "I have to keep up my game for you then…so you will keep me forever."

She buried her face in his chest, hugged him tightly, and nodded. "Umm..."

"You got it, bae."

Daya could feel that she was smiling against his chest, but didn't know why Shreya was smiling like a crazy person. She noticed the way he used the word 'bae' had change. His voice changed. He always used it sarcastically, but now, he used it fondly with her.

Fondness that Shreya could feel every time.

They sat down on the mat. Shreya had a camera in her hand and Daya had his sketch book. She moved closer to him and snapped selfies.

"What are you drawing?" She asked, leaning to look at his work, but Daya turned away to hide it from her.

"Don't look at it yet!" He told her.

"Why?"

"I don't like it when people get to look at my art before it's finished." Daya explained. "It just feels weird."

"You are weird." She retorted.

"But you like it."

"I only like you for sex and your mouth, duh!"

The expression on his face immediately changed when she mentioned that. It was just for two seconds but Shreya knew something was wrong.

"What is it?" She asked.

"It's just a joke, right? That you only wanted me for sex."

"Yeah. Why?"

Daya looked away. "Just making sure." He lied, because it was obviously more than that. He couldn't let Shreya about his insecurities. He had to hold it in, so he remained silent to let the subject die down.

"Bae, what is it?" And of course, Shreya knew him better than that. She saw through every lie and she didn't even have to try. Shreya moved to sit on his lap, looping her arms around his neck and looking into his eyes. "You are lying to me, bae. There is something bothering you." She kissed him, but Daya didn't kiss back. "You mean more than that to me, Daya. Sex is just a perk of having you with me. You're a good guy that every girl would feel lucky to have. You mean more than that to me, bae."

"Thank you." He whispered.

"So tell me now, Daya…What's really bothering you? You know that I'm here for you if you wanna talk about anything."

Daya remained quiet; Shreya kissed him again and again. "I will kiss you until you start talking."

"Then I will remain silent."

"How about I put off sex for three days."

Daya gaped. "Awww, don't pull that, bae." He said. "If you really wanna know, I will tell you." Shreya nodded. "I was a bit insecure when you said that you only wanted me for sex."