Beautiful Mess : Chapter 22

"Purvi, I think I'm fine with this. We don't have to throw everything out." Shreya said.

"Those things will only remind you of him." Purvi countered. "It's a precaution."

"Fine. We will do this your way." Shreya gave up arguing with her friend.

They searched around the apartment and trying to find anything that belonged to Daya. They started with the bedroom and bathroom first. Purvi was in the bathroom while Shreya was in the closet.

Shreya sighed when she saw a huge amount of clothes in there. There was his shirts that she stole it from time through time because it was unbelievably comfortable and Daya loved it when she wore something of his. Shreya shuddered at the thought and a flash of memories filled her head.

He was turned on by everything of hers but his possessiveness had a thing when his girl was wrapping by something of his.

"Shit…" Shreya groaned. "Shit…" She still thought about them. Stop it right now, Shreya!!

Shreya ended up throwing everything in the basket. His shirts, t-shirts, shorts, boxer, and sweats will be burn to hell after this.

After she was done with the closet, Shreya stepped outside with a basketful of clothes. His clothes that turned out were one of the two things that could sooth her back to sleep. Shreya shook her head before setting out to find the remaining of Daya’s belongings. Her eyes roamed around the room until something caught her eyes.

The fucking sketch that he gave her hanging on the wall of her bedroom. The very first one that he drew her while they were waiting for the laundry. A slow and peaceful day that he helped her cleaned up the apartment. It was a beautiful memory until he ruined it.

Shreya quickly took it down from the wall and threw it into the trash bin. It fell down with a loud noise of glass shattering. Another memory of them was gone.

Wait! No! What have she done?

Shreya quickly ran to the bin and tried to pull out the drawing from the shattered glass, only to cut herself with it. Blood drew from her hand as she tried to retrieve the sketch.

It was a good memory, pure and innocent and it had nothing to do with the disgusting memories that he wanted to use her for sex. They were friends.

"What the hell are you doing, Shreya?" Purvi asked and came to Shreya only to see blood soaked Shreya’s hand. "You're cutting yourself? ARE YOU MAD?"

"No! I was just trying to retrieve the sketch before it's too late." Shreya explained.

"What sketch?"

"This one." Shreya revealed the drawing that she held close to her heart.

Purvi’s eyes scanned the piece of art and she knew right away that it was from Daya but she didn't saw the artist's signature that would confirm that it belonged to Daya. It was a beautiful sketch that captured Shreya in the most natural and loving way. It had to come from someone who could make her relaxed around them.

"Why are you trying to save it?"

"It was a beautiful memory. An innocent one that I shouldn't throw away."

"You know what I will advise you."

"I know...but I have to keep this one."

Purvi held Shreya in her arms. "Okay, sweetheart, I will tend to those cut."

Purvi got up and went inside the bathroom to get the first aid kit before tending to Shreya's hand. After bandaging Shreya up, the two continued to put everything belonged to Daya in a box so they could throw it away.