Beautiful Mess : Chapter 24

Daya left his house early that morning. He didn't even leave a note to tell his soon-to-be wife where he went. Daya took the teddy bear with him to his art gallery. Jemma and Skye greeted him on the way in.

"Mr. Shetty, Vivek and Tasha will drop by and talk about your new exhibition at 10. Aditi Mam also wanted me to remind you that you have to come home on time tonight." Jemma informed.

"Please tell her I will think about it." Daya coldly said before he went upstairs.

Skye turned to her friend when she was sure that Daya was out of sight. "I'm pretty sure that he don't want to marry her."

"Don't say anything like that, Skye." Jemma said. "They are dating for three years now."

"But why he act like that? He wasn't remotely happy since he came back from Las Vegas."

"All I can say is that everyone can change. Maybe he want to be with someone else but he can't because he is already engaged to Aditi Mam."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Daya was slaving himself in front of the easel, trying to make a new piece of art but he was stuck. No good idea came into his mind. His muse was gone...no...he left his muse. Shreya was always an inspiration to him with everything she did.

God, please help him get over her. He needed to have his life back. The life that Shreya had in the palms of her hands.

Daya laid down on the floor, hoping that the new perspective could ignite his creativity but it did not. He sighed and closed his eyes, trying to remember the beautiful face of his angel. He opened his eyes and he heard a sound of metal collided with the wooden floor.

"Shit..." He muttered and threw his arm up in the air. Then he saw a gold Cartier bracelet that Shreya gave to him.

It was among one of the few things of Shreya that he had left, despite all the painting of her that stashed around this studio. Daya held it close to his heart and let all the memories of them flood his mind again when he closed his eyes.

It was 10 o'clock when Vivek and Tasha came into his studio. Daya was still lying on the floor but he heard their footsteps.

"What are you doing, Daya?" Vivek asked.

"Thinking."

"That doesn't seem like you."

"I'm not the same person, Vivek."

"We do notice that." Tasha muttered under her breath. "Can you please get up so we can talk business?"

"No"

Tasha looked at Vivek to let her husband know that she will stay out of this. Vivek sighed but handled the mood swing of artist anyway.

"Yesterday Mr. Lennard came to the gallery and he saw we moved those painting from Vegas." Vivek spoke up. "He wanted to buy six of them."

"It's not for sell." Daya's voice was firm and hard, leaving no room for any argument.

"You can make an easy 100 million."

"I told you Vivek this collection is not for sell."

"Daya, do you know that you could make at least 150 million by selling these collection, right?"

"I know but….." Daya stammered. "She's important to me."

"The one that got away?" Vivek tried to get an answer out of Daya, getting him to open up and talk about what was bothering him.

"No. She's just….Really important."

"150 million couldn't compare to her, huh?"

"Yes"