Beautiful Mess : Chapter 18

Warning - This Chapter has Mature Content.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Daya stirred awake, feeling like his head was about to explode. God. He groaned as he slowly sat up, only to realize he wasn't in his room. Yes, last night. He thought. Last night had completely broken his heart and Shreya's.

His stupid decision to try to pursue Shreya had caused a lot of pain to many people around him.

Shreya..... the worst of all was that he'd hurt Shreya.

Last night's drunk phone call had only made the memories of her in his mind clearer than ever.

God, he missed her, and it was driving him insane. He'd been away from her for too long, and every minute of it only made it worse. His sanity was on the verge of madness.

"Fuck..." Daya groaned. He realized that this was the last day he would stay in Vegas.

He needed to see Shreya, to say goodbye, to say that he was sorry. She might slap him across the face and call him names, but he didn't care. He had to make things right with her.

Daya got out of bed and put a sweater on, walking out the room to find Rajat and Sachin in the kitchen.

"Hey, morning, guys." Daya greeted.

"You look terrible." Sachin said.

"Not to mention—what the hell did you do in the guest room?" Rajat added.

"Nightmares." Daya told him. He did have nightmares last night, but it hadn't been that big of a matter. What mattered was that he'd just hurt Shreya again. "I didn't want Aditi to wake up, so I just slept here."

Both of his friends were genuinely concerned when they heard about it. They knew about Daya’s nightmares and his long time sessions with psychiatrist, a trauma from the past that he couldn't shake off. They hadn't heard about it in a very long time so something must have been really bad to triggered it.

They wanted to help and talk to Daya, but he brushed them off.

"Guys, it's not that big of a deal." Daya insisted. What the big deal was that he needed to see Shreya one more time before he left this city and missed her like crazy. "Actually, I need a gigantic favour from you." he said carefully "I need to do something before I leave."

From his gestures and facial expression, Rajat knew what Daya was about to do, while Sachin only knew that Daya was about to do something stupid.

"No!" Rajat yelled.

"Whatever you are going to do, I don't recommend." Sachin calmly said.

"Please, I have to. I need closure."

"You need another bang with her!" Rajat yelled. "You cannot do this. You will hurt her more than she already is."

"I have to do this. Rajat, please."

Daya looked at them pleadingly and his friends couldn't resist the puppy dog trick.

"Fine, what do you want us to do?" Rajat asked.

"I want you guys to keep Aditi occupied all day and possibly all night." Daya replied. "By all means, do anything you need to do, and I mean anything."

"Fine, but my way."

"Which is?"

"You don't need to know, but it will get her occupied possibly all day and night."

"Thank you." Daya said.

"Don't thank me yet. I still don't approve of this, Daya."

"I don't need anyone's approval on this." Daya retorted. "Sachin, can you cover for me too?"