Beautiful Mess : Chapter 16

Daya didn't sleep last night. After the boring dinner, everyone headed back to their room. Aditi attempted to seduce him but he told her he was tired. They took shower separately and she was quickly asleep. Daya stayed awoke all night, feeling empty and his heart was arching.

When the new day came, he was still relentless. The fact that he was away from Shreya was driving him insane every minute. Even when his fiancée was sleeping in his bed, all he saw was Shreya, moaning and writhing.

God, he couldn't stop! He knew it was wrong to think about her but she was the only thing that kept his sanity right now.

Daya was now standing in the art corner in his suite, gathering every painting in one place. He needed to ship everything back to LA. Aditi woke up 20 minutes later after he finished sorting out everything.

"Babe, what are you doing?" Aditi sleepily asked.

"Prepare to ship everything back to LA. We have only two days left here."

"When will the mover come?"

"About an hour."

She hummed her respond before getting out of bed to take a shower. She asked if Daya wanted to join her or not, he declined and lied that he still had to call Vivek and Tasha.

"Vivek will be delighted to see you finally has your new collection out." She said from the bathroom.

"Yeah, he would." Daya replied. "Will you come the opening night of my new collection?" He asked hopefully.

Daya had a lot of hope in Aditi. He believed that she would give him some of her precious time. He believed that the time they were away from one another could at least made her see any value in him or appreciated what he was doing.

But it was just an illusion. False hope that he gave to himself.

"I can't promise you on that Daya. You know I'm always busy at work."

"I know."

Shreya would probably be there for him. Daya thought. She will be there for him if she was in Aditi’s place. Shreya would give all the love and support that he needed.

Daya shook his head and took his mind away from Shreya that haunted his mind but the more he tried, the more the image of her became clearer and clearer. When he heard the bathroom door open, he snapped his head to see Aditi with only a towel around her. That should easily get him a hard on but it didn't. All he saw was Shreya and the thought made him snapped his head back to the phone in his hand.

"Maybe you should be getting ready, honey." Aditi said as she went to her luggage. "Is there still any room for me in your closet?"

Shit! Shreya’s clothes were all over the place. Daya just realized that and it made him sweat in anxiety. "I will clear some space up but we will go home in a couple day, you don't have to put your clothes in the closet to be honest."

"You're right." Aditi agreed and walked her way to her man and hugging him from behind. "What would I do without you?" She said, pressing her lips on his shoulders and neck.

But the touch only made Daya tense up. It was so unfamiliar for him. Aditi never did this and it was weird. Daya pulled away from her. "You seem to do fine without me." He faked a joke."

She laughed. "Don't be silly, honey. You know that I need you."

"Do you love me?" Daya asked, hoping to hear she said it for the first time.

"You know that I do."

Daya frowned. He should know better than to keep his hope up like this. He gave up on her telling him she love him for a very long time. It wouldn't matter now but it did hurt. Shreya wouldn't do this to him.