Beautiful Mess : Chapter 14

They came back to the penthouse. Shreya helped him decide his cover of where he would go and what he would do but luckily for him, no one asked him anything when they stepped inside the dark living room. Abhijeet and Sachin were sitting on the armchair, watching intently at the movie. Kavin sat on a bean bag with a huge bowl of popcorn in his laps. Rajat and Purvi laid on the carpet snuggling with each other. Purvi was already dozed off.

"Glad you decide to join the party." Rajat said. "Suit yourself."

"We will." Shreya replied as she sat down on the couch.

"Quiet." Abhijeet shushed at them. "Vader about to reveal his secret!"

Daya and Shreya rolled their eyes at the same time. When Daya was sure that no one was looking at them, he bended down to kiss her cheek and told her he will make some popcorn for them.

"Bring me a beer too."

"Okay, bae." He whispered.

Daya came back five minutes later with two bowls of popcorn and a whole case of beers. Then Rajat got up from his seat, telling Daya that they should order pizza and food because it gonna be a really long day ahead.

"Sure." Daya said and followed Rajat into the kitchen where his friend called the room service with a help from Daya to pick the food. When Rajat hung up, he turned to his friend and Daya saw it in Rajat’s eyes that this was all just a trap.

"I have something to talk to you."

"I knew." Daya nodded. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"You and Shreya." Rajat got right to the point. "You have to stop this before it gets out of hand."

Daya frowned. "Now you're the one to talk about things getting out of hands when you bang her best friend."

"This is not about me and Purvi, Daya. It is about you and Shreya." Rajat shot back. "You can't keep doing this with her. We are about to go back to LA and you know it in your heart that your fiancée is waiting for you. You will marry her in two weeks for crying out loud and now you're cheating on another woman who clearly have feelings for you…"

"Whao! Hold on, Rajat. Have feelings for me?" Daya asked. "No, the thing between me and Shreya is purely physical. We talk about that from the start."

"No, Daya you listen to me. Both you and Shreya have feeling for each other and I want you to know that no matter how this end, you will break Shreya's heart."

Daya went silence. He knew that Rajat was right about this and he put some good conscience back in his mind but how could he let go of Shreya to be honest? If he could let go off her he wouldn't do all of this. She could be just a one night stand for him but she wasn't, she turned out to be something else really special to him.

"Just think about it, okay? There is still time for you to pull away from her."

"I know." Daya nodded.

"I know you will thoroughly ignore me."

"Yes."

Daya shrugged and walked out of the room before Rajat could say anything else. He settled next to Shreya who currently had a mountain of blanket wrapped on her. She pulled the blanket away and let him slip in with her. Daya wrapped his hand around her and pulled her on his laps. They were underneath the blanket so no one knew what was going on between them.

Daya stared at her beautiful face rather than the space war.

Time flew by pretty fast and Daya already fell asleep on the couch with Shreya lying on her side in front of him. By the time Abhijeet started another movie, Shreya was already curling up with Daya as well.