Beautiful Mess : Chapter 21

"Love really does begin when your heart breaks. Up until then, you are just doing research."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Purvi came to check on Shreya the next morning after her friend cried herself to sleep last night. The doorman let her in immediately and she stopped by the mail box to get things for Shreya before she went upstairs.

Purvi let herself in as she shuffling through Shreya’s mail and then one thing caught her attention. A pastel pink envelope with a flora pattern. Her heart sunk as she opened it to find a wedding invitation.

Mr. & Mrs. Rajeev Malhotra

Invite you to celebrate the marriage

of their daughter

Aditi Malhotra

To

Daya Shetty

Purvi felt her blood boil and roar loudly in her ears. How dare he send his wedding invitation to Shreya?! Did he wanted to rub it in her friend's face? Why the hell did he did this? As if leaving her and breaking her heart wasn't enough!

Purvi was furious beyond word. Daya had outdone himself this time. This was the new level of asshole. She had to hide this invitation before Shreya got a chance to see it and shatter her heart even more.

Before Purvi could do anything about the letter, she heard a loud vomit voice coming from Shreya’s bedroom. She ran inside only to find Shreya on the floor in front of the toilet, looking pale and lifeless.

"What happen to you?" Purvi asked as she knelt down next to Shreya.

"I don't know..." Shreya rasped out through her sore throat. "Probably has something to do with vodka rock at five AM."

"God! Why are you doing this to yourself?"

"I need to forget and dull my pain."

It broke Purvi’s heart that her friend said that, admitting the pain so easily. On the bright side, she was facing the heart break but the real question was, when will it hit her limit?

When Shreya was done with emptying every content in her stomach, Purvi helped her up and told Shreya to take a shower and met her in the kitchen, she will cook breakfast for her. Shreya complied easily the way she never did before. Maybe she was operating on auto-pilot to avoid causing any more damage to herself.

Purvi only knew that they were lovers with a passionate urge to fuck each other's brain out every moment. For god sake, they even dragged her into their sexcapade when Shreya decided to send him dirty pictures. Not to mention that they were about to go at it like bunnies in front of her. She never saw Shreya that happy before and she was okay with him making her happy. Right up until now, he left her wrecked and completely broken.

"Purvi..." A broke sound came from the living room when Purvi was busy preparing the breakfast.

Purvi looked up only to find Shreya holding the invitation in her trembling hand. Her brown eyes swiped through the whole thing quickly and quickly registered it. Shreya looked up at Purvi as tear dripping down her face. Purvi dropped everything and went to Shreya who was now on the floor, crying. Her eyes never left the damning evident that Daya was deliberately trying to hurt her.

Why did he had to do this to her? Why did he had to hurt her this way?

Shreya was crying uncontrollably, holding the invitation card in her chest. Purvi held Shreya and trying to pull the card away before tossing it into the fireplace. Shreya was completely lost right now and Purvi felt bad that she couldn't do anything to help her friend feel better.