15 - Law of Nature

15 – Law of Nature

As the battle near the border was going back and forth towards the Armies, Yaya remained still as she was investigating what was keeping the body still. Inside the palace, Mira stood before her carved out window, looking out to the battlefield that took lives of other guards. "The Prime Generals of Ethereal and Maruterra here before me... the matters of which you speak will determine what will come out of my mouth." Mira stated as she turned to give a menacing glare towards the group. Ether Gopal looked towards her eyes, seeing how they flickered from blue to white. "We've been told that you were the cause for the demonic spread of these horns, Milady." Ether Gopal stated as she slightly tilted her heads, giving the male a cold gaze.

"So... my husband has only said that much... it seems not even you, General, knows the capabilities of the demons."

As Mira said those words, she turned towards them, moving to the stairs with her heels clanking. Following her up to the main library, a bit wary of the woman showing a cold exterior. As she reached the garden, she stood and stared at the small fountain illuminated by light on the middle of the room. "What we're saying, milady? Seeing as you've gone so far to save your people... why would you allow yourself to be succumbed by the demon, Tarung?" Yasmine asked with a strict tone as Mira stiffen, looking back at them. "I aimed to save my people, by making the kingdoms equal. There will be no queen, no royal, no rich from poor... my ambition for a new world was clean and wise. No inequality, no hierarchy or titles. We are all people who play lives to survive in this wretched worlds." Mira said as her face showed a pained expression, making the rest alerted. Ochobot moved from Kei, floating towards Mira who looked at him.

Mira lifted her hands to hold the robots body, seeing a bit of her reflection as her tears welt up. "Was it really so much to ask... For a new world, a trade came forth... and this came to me as a shock." Mira said as a few of her tears fell towards Ochobot, making the robot pity the woman. "I hadn't known... whilst I shared my view of magic to the family... one had caught on to my spells... and disliked the idea of the equal world—" Mira turned towards a bare wall of the room, soon moving her palm to face it and create cracks. They all stared at the new engravings, seeing the king himself, Amato sitting atop his throne. "My own son... my flesh and blood—went against my ideals. While I was using the Hex to remove unequal rights and power in the land—my son used it to harness power... in return." "It released the curse." Gopal voiced as Mira looked at him, lightly nodding.

"Then... your death, ma'am... what happened to you?"

As Yasmine rose her question, Mira swallowed the lump in her throat as she let go of Ochobot and went towards the light. As the sun's light beamed towards her, her body disappeared into dust, but when retracted back to light reappeared again. The group was alarmed by the realization of her body. "I may have been revived... but without a fully held soul... I am no more than a wandering husk that can interact with the real world." Mira said as she felt empty. "This... was because of—" "Indeed little robot... my own son had to be stopped... and we both lost a part of our souls while releasing the curse." Mira said as they looked at her with pity.

"Then, does that mean—that whilst King Amato may be revived—he may also be a husk?" Ether Gopal asked as Mira nodded, making Yasmine alerted from the information. "But, they summoned you, Ma'am. With great difficulty in summoning you, it must be even harder for who'd summon King Amato." Kei stated as Ether Gopal soon recalled what his rift-self said before. 'Bentley. But I doubt he'd know this much...' Ether Gopal thought as he shut his eyes and clasped his hands over one another. 'Sparrow... I need your eyes... show me your side.' Ether Gopal thought as soon a rest mist surrounded his bdoy. "W-What is—" "He'll be fine, Sir. He is using the sight of one of the lieutenants." Yasmine stated, calming down the rest. As Ether Gopal opened his eyes, he soon saw the Arthadel family's fight coming to a close, but he soon realized Amato's eyes were slightly flashing orange to brown, before disappearing the area. 'A husk. Just as I suspected... but by who?' 'General, the situation by the border has been severed to a manageable degree.' Lewis voiced, due to Ether Gopal having a binding link to the rest of them.

As Ether Gopal sighed, he turned towards the window. 'Sparrow, retreat and assist in border perimeter check. Lewis, what is happening on your field?' He asked as he shut his eyes, reverting his normal vision back as the red mist from before disintegrated. 'While we managed to move Tarung, he removed himself from our binds and retreated along with some of his men... but we discovered something thanks to Ms. Yaya of the rift's valiant work.' Lewis voiced as he helped his men move back as Kaizo put up barriers. As Lewis went towards her, she looked up at him with a conflicted glance. "Ms. Yaya, may you hold my hand and close your eyes for a moment?" Lewis asked as she cautiously nodded, taking his hand. Upon opening her eyes once again, she soon saw Ether Gopal's figure in a dark room. Multiple chairs to other people present as Lewis sat in one.

"I was told you've discovered a possible solution to the on-coming problem of Tarung, our Tarung that is."

As Ether Gopal voiced, Yaya nodded with sullen eyes as she walked towards Ether Gopal. "In our rift, Boboiboy and I are married... and I've met his father, one of our admirals of the fleets... his name is Amato Binju." Yaya stated as she looked up at Ether Gopal who wore an alarmed expression. "There... he was a benevolent father to his sons... but here... I saw someone—someone who looks exactly like him..." Yaya said as she recalled the memory upon holding Amato's wrist. 'Killing someone...' Yaya thought as she felt scared by the thought. "You've seen something... didn't you?" Ether Gopal asked as she nodded. "Then, whoever you met... was the actual Amato of this world... the King who died in battle." Ether Gopal said as her eyes were filled with confusion...