24 - Pity These Tears

24 – Pity These Tears

"Inferno: Dessolie's Roar!"

As Ether Tarung was pulled down by Ether Gopal melting the floor beneath him, he was directly hit by the flame. Ether Tarung summoned another sword as he sliced towards Ether Gopal who clasped his hands on the blade, managing to trap it in his palms as Gijimo moved to the side, spreading his arms as he soon released multiple fire explosions. With the smoke slightly clearing, Ether Gopal caught glimpse of a smaller barrier on his figure, looking back to see Sannan. "I seem to be quite useful in this battle, right, sir?" Sannan stated as Ether Gopal gave a small smirk, before he was removed of the barrier. Continuing the battle between them, Sannan summoned his book as he flipped through the pages, stopping on one. "Portrait: Monster of the Sea." Sannan voiced as some parts of the wall broke, revealing a few tentacles as it reached in attempting to grab Ether Tarung when he managed to skillfully dodge or slice them off.

"Anything you need?" Gijimo asked as he stepped beside the male, making heave a breath. "I need to detain him in order to do what Karren has mentioned." Sannan stated as they both turned towards Ether Tarung who was matching Ether Gopal's attacks. "I can make something work... just make sure to do whatever it is fast." Gijimo stated as Sannan nodded, moving alongside the hex-demon. Gijimo shut his eyes as he soon opened them to show a pure black eye with his pupils turned to lime green. Sannan was slightly alarmed when Gijimo disappeared after being engulfed in flames—realizing that the hex-demon was teleporting whilst placing certain marks on the monster whilst Ether Gopal managed to sweep him off his feet. Sannan focused as he soon floated, a slight gleam appearing in his eyes as his books' pages shone out. With Gijimo managing to pull out flames from the walls and floor, he pinned down Ether Tarung who was still struggling from him. "Sannan!" "Now!" The two yelled as the male looked at Ether Tarung with an intimidating glare. "Portrait: Lotus Blisters!" Sannan chanted as soon circular ancient spell-marks appeared, surrounding Ether Tarung who felt pain.

In mere moments, Ether Tarung's engraved ancient mark was removed as behind the door, Bentley held his head, groaning as his head was vying for control. He shut his eyes only to open them and see a familiar pair of eyes---the real Bentley stood before him as the mysterious man looked at him with grimace. "You little scoundrel---" "Get off my body, Hex King..." Bentley stated as he summoned multiple souls from the darkness below, alarming the Hex King. "When---you've been plotting this!?" The Hex King voiced as he dodged back and avoided one of the souls' attack. Bentley gave a small smirk as he lifted his hat so slightly, showing his brown iris be circled by golden rings. "Do you not recall who you took over the past few years...? I may be a greedy brother and son---but I am also not that susceptible to mind melding... why? Because I'm a manipulator---a mind manipulator." Bentley said as he grinned, making the Hex King grit his teeth in anger, summoning several souls behind him as he soon had remove his own from Bentley.

"Mind Melding... hah... if I were a mere weakling---your little guard dog outside would've been dead to the hands of my own father---who was well aware of who killed him. Wasn't that you, Retak'ka?"

As Bentley voiced such words, the area soon changed to the faithful day. Bentley stood beside other guards as he bended other enemy hexes to his will, moving over and under other enemies whilst ensuring his men's safety. He soon heard a large scream, making him stop and look to the side, seeing his father was weakened after too many injuries. Before Bentley could reach him, flames engulfed his body and soon met Retak'ka---being used as a vessel, the one that killed his father. "Do you remember me well... had you not caught me off guard---I would've been strong enough to save him... but you already got in his head." Bentley said as he charged at Retak'ka his fist punching the ground where the Hex King previously stood. The dark floor started to crack as soon as Retak'ka's silhouette started to dissipate, implying that his mind-meld was broken. Bentley soon awoke when he felt his body slightly crushed. His eyes slowly opened to see a pair of brown locks with a white strand on the person's head.

With the person pulling back, he was shocked to see that it was his older brother—Ether Boboiboy, wearing a teary and concerned expression. "Thank goodness he's alive... I had specifically warned about that type of attack, General." Ether Fang voiced as Ether Gopal sighed while shrugging. Bentley was surprised when someone held his head, patting it as he looked up to see Zion. "Wha—wait, where am I?" "Ethereal, your highness." Ether Gopal stated as he went towards him, looking at his eyes carefully, making Bentley realize what he was looking for. "I'm Bentley Arthadel. If you even look into my head, you'd be able to ensure such." Bentley said as he turned towards Karren who sighed before nodding, the rest feeling relieved by the retrieval of the prince. "I'm happy that you're alive and well, Prince Bentley." Ether Fang stated with a slight bow, making Bentley do the same as his previously learned mannerisms returned.

"How did you manage to save me? It takes quite a bit to get whoever controlled me to leave."

As Bentley stated those words, they looked amongst one another before turned to Sannan who was silently observing the group. He sighed as he raised his hand. "I have a power named 'Memoir'. It allows me to recreate magic or spells from books. I happened to come across a certain book about ancient spell—that aided in your rescue, your highness." Sannan stated as Bentley nodded, soon looking back at his brothers who were observing him. "If what I'm seeing is right, how long did you use your powers?" Zion asked as they seemed confused, making Bentley recall what he meant. "How many rings in my eyes?" "Three, you idiot." Ether Fang voiced as he sighed, attempting to lessen them. "This is exactly why you never give a child an ancient power." Ether Gopal voiced as Bentley looked towards him with a glare, before rolling his eyes. "Aside from my apparent return—I need to inform you about something about who exactly got me controlled." Bentley voiced as the groups looked towards him with concern.

"Although Lostvayne is here, those who were unable to return will most-likely still be under Tarung's control. He must've learned to use some of my power." Bentley stated as the two admirals sigh. "For the person who controlled me, he goes by Retak'ka. If I'm not mistaken, he is the Hex King for his immense power rivalled by those similar to Lostvayne." "Quite the deduction, Little Prince." A familiar voice stated as Bentley looked to the figure behind Gopal, seeing Marcus who bore a smirk, Lostvayne members shocked. "You... what are you---" "I've managed to escape from the Hex. If it's that what you are saying." Marcus stated as Bentley heaved a breath. Zion eyed him with suspicion. "Do my older brothers—no even my other family members know?" "Only immediate family members. Will it really make a difference when you cried before me to save your brother?" Marcus said as the twin Emperors turned to their younger brother who avoided their looks with an annoyed glare towards Marcus. "In anycase---despite Lostvayne's Ruler's efforts to bury my reputation as a heartless monster aside—I saw that there were some people who look similarly to people here." Bentley said as he lifted his hand, showing two spheres.

Maskmana was alarmed, but soon realized something. "You let me discover that, didn't you?" He asked as Bentley nodded. "At the rate of what happened, freeing me most-likely quickened the collision. And since Retak'ka knows about this—he'll stall as much time to ensure his victory against Ethereal." Bentley said as the rest looked amongst one another. "Then, we should start to plan out before everything gets worst." Zion said as the rest nodded. "Go rest up, Mother might come meet you." Ether Boboiboy said with a calm expression as he stood beside his twin. "Grand Master is also present in the palace." Ether Fang said as Bentley whipped his head up with shock, making the twins hold back a smirk before they left.

'Those two left me to die in the hands of dear grandfather... such cruelty... no matter... I've already cried to save them... there will no longer be a need to pity myself to tears.' Bentley thought as he attempted to once more calm himself.