18 - Lostvayne

18 – Lostvayne

"Marcus. To my study—may you please call Boboiboy and Ochobot with you."

As Ether Gopal stated, he moved off and leaving the three figures confused. "I guess I'll go get Boboiboy, can you show me where he meant to go?" Fang stated as Marcus nodded. Moving off to the study, Ether Gopal lifted his arms out, using his power to bring out some scrolls from the shelves. As several minutes passed, the door to the room opened, showing the group alongside Marcus. "General, I've brought them." Marcus said as they cautiously entered the room with alarmed eyes, surprised to see the floating pieces of papers and books. "What's wrong, Gopal?" Boboiboy asked as he stood beside Ciciko, making Ether Gopal heave a breath. "I had planted a spy inside Crimoire long before the barriers fell, he goes by Adam—" Ciciko was alarmed by the familiar name. "—I'd like to assume that Adam is that golden armored male beside you, yes?" Ether Gopal stated as Fang and Boboiboy were shocked, realizing that their admiral also has a rift-self.

"Now, to the problem at hand. I initially gave Adam the mission to rescue those guards taken in by the Crimoire Army—unfortunately he was unsuccessful as the enemy generals have executed them—but in that moment, he overheard a familiar title." Ether Gopal said as they paid attention, making him pulled down some books and shutting them to show the cover. "Lostvayne was the title he heard... it may strike as unfamiliar to you... but here, it is well known." He added, making the rest look amongst one another, making Marcus chuckle at their cluelessness. "Shall I delve in the topic deeper?" Marcus asked as he stepped forward, the rest nodding and receiving permission from Ether Gopal. "Lostvayne is close to that of an urban fairy tale told to children to make them behave. There is multiple people in the story, one who stops love—obeys the ruler—or encourages bravery." Marcus said as he opened the book, snapping his fingers and letting seven chairs appear in a holographic form.

"However, these are no fairy tale, they are true far beyond this mortal world."

As Marcus made the figures each have a color surrounding them, Ochobot carefully analyzed the figures. "They all bore fangs and power for themselves and not even some hex-demons can go against them—all but one." Marcus said as soon Tarung's figure appeared alongside a hooded demon. "Don't tell me, can Tarung—your rift's—control those guys!?" Ochobot asked as Marcus nodded, soon shutting the book as they all felt the situation's weight. "If there are stronger monsters... that means we might not be cut-out for some fights." Fang said as Ether Gopal heaved a breath before nodding. "Why are they trying to get these Lostvayne into your world anyway?" Boboiboy asked as Marcus smiled. "A Lostvayne has one rule to keep in-order to keep their status as a powerful hex-demon—that being abiding to the ruler. If they were summoned by Crimoire—it can be quite catastrophic than the war you've witness thus far." Marcus said as Ciciko heaved a breath.

Inside the castle of Crimoire, Adam was keeping track of Tim, the Nut rift-version, moving along the castle with cluelessness. Upon arriving at a certain hall, Adam saw the wall grow dark with the doors shattering as Tim continued to walk in with a calm smile, soon reaching a large door on the end of the hall. Opening it, Adam was surprised to see Captain Zola and Rylan present as they were seemingly creating a large red-black fire. He felt his body shudder, making him feel the dark aura surrounding the castle. 'This is... the same energy that Marcus has used... but then they are...' Adam thought with an alarmed thought as he felt the entire castle starting to shake from what the two captains were creating. 'This is no longer a small act of rebellion...' He thought as he summoned his weapon, guns.

On the outskirts of the Crimoire area, several armored men were stationed into a forest, looking around. "Lady Slither! We've located a strange stone!" A guard called as she turned from her camp, moving towards the figure. Upon seeing a strange buried stone on the wall, Slither bent down and lightly held it, dusting it off to see ancient writing present. "Prepare to call his grace, we've found what he wished." Slither said as the guards agreed in chorus, moving off and clearing the areas nearby. As a group of guards started to clear out the dirt surrounding the stone, soon revealing a familiar looking piece. A guard had come close to it, but as soon as he stepped closer to the stone, he felt his body weaken. His eyes flickering red and black as his fellow guards went closer, pulling him away. "Don't come close! Move back! Alert Lady Slither!" Another guard stated as the rest moved back while a guard went over to their small camp. "Milady! We've managed to remove the dirt and stone from the gem—but it seemed to have reacted strange when attempted to be touched." The Guard stated in a panic state whilst the woman nodded.

"I guess his highness will be the only one to touch it, bare a torch and call a messenger. Now."

As Slither signaled the castle, Bentley soon suited up after resting, still irritated by Tarung's actions. 'I best move, we must make haste—their patience can only last for so long.' He thought as he rode his horse, following the smoke in the air to know where Slither is. Upon his arrival, guards stood respectfully as they stood in line, forming a defended path for the king, leading him to the excavated area of the gem alongside a guarding Slither. "Great work, Slither." Bentley stated as the woman turned towards him, giving a respectful bow as he nodded. "Shall we proceed with the plan, you highness?" Slither asked as she stood, making Bentley nod as he moved towards the stone, checking it carefully. "We have found my Moon Terranna, it will be easier to summon those from the depths now." Bentley stated as he bent down and retrieved it, easily matching the ancient markings to his power.