22 - The Battle of Heart and Mind

22 – The Battle of Heart and Mind

As Jason stood before the laying body, he felt his monocle moisten as he teared up. Yasmine laid on the ground with the crystal held in her hand, tears falling from her eyes. 'I'm Yasmine! Thank you for helping us!' Jason heard as he recalled his memories. Soon he was reminded of the twin sisters who played by his workshop, curiously creating small flower-crowns and asking him what he'd be doing. Jason went towards the figure, ignoring the screams of the people behind him, as he bent down, holding Yasmine's bleeding shoulder. He lightly lifted her and held her into his arms with tears falling in his eyes. "U-Unc-le..." She uttered with a weakened gaze, making Jason hold back his tears and showing a smile. "Y-Yeah. I-It's me... the Uncle—your Aunty's friend..." Jason uttered as he felt tears falling, lightly sobbing as he removed the strands of her hair on her face.

"I'm sorry... He made me... forget... Mine. I'm so sorry... Y-Yasmine."

As the group went towards him, they were shocked by the sight. "I-It's ok-kay... Uncle---" Yasmine smiled as he looked at her body, ancient marks appearing. "—y-you didn't mean it. N-Next time... teach u-us about those books..." Yasmine voiced as her eyes were becoming duller. "S-Save him..." Yasmine uttered as they looked at her with confusion. "You can d-do that f-for me... right, Uncle?" Yasmine asked as her body stopped moving, letting go of the crystal as Jason teared up. She gave a bright smile towards her sister before her body fully became limp—her ancient marks being removed as she fell. Jason wept as he hugged the body, making Yasmina press her lips together, moving towards them as she hug her sister as well, and tearing up. "What did she do?" Kotara asked as she felt herself sadden by the sight. "She stopped the curse Tarung summoned... but it took her life as an exchange." Jason stated as he looked back at them with determined eyes.

"Tarung can be stopped." Jason said as the two paid attention whilst the male stood with Yasmina. "We abide to the ruler. Who summoned us—will be the leader... but Tarung hold us into his power. He made us forget our morals to have a better security of overthrowing this Kingdom I stand before." Jason said as they were alarmed, not knowing about the rulers of being a hex-demon. "The ruler stands before no one, Tarung and his ally aren't much of a challenge if we compare it to the leader of Lostvayne... if we manage to remove Tarung's spell of control---your army may have a chance of victory." Jason stated as Kaizo looked at him beneath the mask with suspicion. Meanwhile, Karren and Gijimo were presently fighting against the group of Ether Gopal. "Inferno: Hellfire." Gijimo voiced as he rose his hand, lifting up some debris from the buildings and making them into fire-balls. Fang gritted his teeth as Gijimo made a throwing gesture having all the fire-balls thrown at them. "Time Slow-mo!" Ying yelled as the area slowed down, making her have ample time to save her allies from injury. Karren in the meantime was faced off against his fiancé alongside his rift-self. "Sand Transformation!" Gopal yelled as he changed the ground nearby, Ether Gopal using his melding power to hide their figures. Karren felt irritated as she made a swatting gesture, moving all the sand off to see Gopal hiding inside a building.

As Karren was about to hypnotize Gopal who was talking with Ciciko in his watch, she was shocked to be embraced from behind. "Don't." Ether Gopal voiced as he closed her eyes, making her slightly freeze. "W-What are you---" "---did you forget about my capabilities?" Ether Gopal asked as she fell her head throb, weakened by the words he said. "Don't hurt him... he also has someone else to love." Ether Gopal stated as he moved back, making her turn towards him with a conflicted gaze. "I think this has solved our problem for us." Gijimi stated as he soon moved back, his gaze seeming more calm than wicked like before. Karren soon realized what he meant, making her heave a breath of anger. "That twisted man! He~~" "Tampered with our memories." Another familiar voice spoke as they turned to see Jason alongside the other group, but Ether Gopal was shocked to see him carrying Yasmine's figure. "What... happened to..." Ether Gopal asked as they all looked down with Jason giving a sadden gaze. "The crystal." Jason voiced as Ether Gopal knew what he meant, nodding as he patted Yasmine's shoulder.

With Ether Fang barely stopping his attack Bentley remained stationary as he kept dodging and attack back. Soon, Bentley felt his head throb, shutting it for a moment when he soon caught glimpse of the attack at the east—seemingly stopped. 'What a pretty sight, yeah?' Bentley heard as he growled and opened his eyes. Ether Fang was about to jump towards him with his shadow binds, but Bentley hid away his weapon and then moved off to another place—escaping from the attack. "What the?! Where did—" Zion asked as he saw that the archer they fought was gone, moving back with Boboiboy to see that Ether Fang was in the same situation. "Why'd that happen? Did your guy get off too?" Ether Fang asked as they nodded, making sigh as he put his hands on his hips, looking around. "We should head back---Gopal relayed that there were too many problems back at the east side!" Yaya yelled as she flew beside them, making the three males nod.

Moving in with haste, the group soon went towards the east side of the Kingdom—seeing civilians moving away from the area. As they arrive after a long walk, they were alarmed to see the people present. "What is going on here?" Boboiboy asked as they turned towards him, but Zion was shocked to see Yasmine's body on the ground alongside Yasmina—the girl looked towards him with a light shake of her head. 'What a mess you've created... now he won't let this pass.' Ether Gopal thought as he looked towards the emperor who wore an unreadable expression.