Chapter Two: A Step Back In Time

Content Warning: Mature scenes. 

March 7th 2019.

The make-up artists were excited. In the next few hours a renknowed artist and former employee of BigHit who had spent the last few years whirling up a fantastic buisness in her family town within Daegu, was returning. A place had been opened up due to one of the artists on maternity leave and they had been asked back on a temporary basis. 

She was one of the only former make-up artists that remained since her departure, as many had found the increase in international travel incredibly challenging. Which meant, all these young rookies knew about, was her incredible reputation following rumours and the sight of the member's during events. 

Following her horrific departure from her home town, she would be needing love and care and support... and the young make-up artists were desperate to use such an opportunity to learn and develop from her. To make a friend out of this reknowned figure. But to their dismay, the moment a black SUV pulled up outside the BigHit building, she was immediately ushered into Bang PD's office. 

"You can't let the new staff know how close you are to them." 

"Yes Sir." The young woman bowed her head in understanding. 

"Lee Ji-Seok announcing his affair in the presence of other companies has raised the stakes regarding the nature of my company. I cannot afford for the sake of my buisness and the continuency of BigHit, to create more rumours that more staff are having affairs or informal relationships with my artists. It could see the collapse of this entire corporation." 

"Yes Sir, I understand." 

"You understand that you are a piece within this political playing board now? Since you and my boys are close, and since they are gaining more success with speed, our opposition will attempt anything to dirty their name and you returning as a close friend is just the rumour they need. Without any offense meant, I would not have chosen you if I had any other choice." 

***

Yoongi closed his eyes, relishing in the soft droplets racing down his back, smiling into the warm mists surrounding his exposed body as he gradually allowed himself to relax within the shower. It had been a difficult day for all of them. Tiring rehearsals, constant back-to-back meetings following by lyric brainstorm sessions and tending to weary best friends. Standing here within this shower was the first time in twenty four hours that he'd had time to himself and yet...something felt incomplete.

Admittedly his heart almost skipped a beat as the bathroom door clicked open, yet he did not flinch in sudden panic or shock at the arrival of such a sound into his ears. The door closed, the lock which had previously been left open on purpose, flipped shut and soft, padded footsteps mingled with the echoing sound of water trickling into the shower drain. Yoongi's heart pounded, his movements becoming static with every second of anticipation. But his eyes did not open to alert him of who the intruder was. He merely continued allowing himself to indulge in the welcoming waters.

He did not flinch as the slight clatter of a belt buckle hit the bathroom tiles, nor the hissed swear word dispersing from soft lips as a forgotten mobile phone hit the floor in the process. He would admit, however, he did flinch at the slight chill brushing past his naked body as the shower door opened, followed by the spark of nervousness at the brief pause thereafter as the intruder took in the awe-inspiring view within the mist before him. Each moment simply made his heart beat faster.

The shower door closed and a familiar shadow loomed over Min Yoongi. At once, despite feeling safe in every possible way, it was as if his throat had closed in on itself, trapping his ability to speak or breathe with every moment the shadow grew closer.