Chapter Four: An Old Friend

I'm sorry I'm late! I had a really tricky weekend. But it's my birthday today so I thought I'd reappear and do a small update xx

Can you guess how old I am hehe?

-

Content Warning: Mature references. 

*

To say Bang PD was nervous, was an understatement. He was so anxious, it had been the sixth time he'd gone down to the BigHit canteen for coffee, only to be turned away by the catering staff on concerns of a caffiene overdose. He'd had no coffee that day.

Despite all of his training and experience within the management sector of the KPop world, nothing quite prepared him for the plethora of events he'd experienced across the past few years. And that was excluding the immensely magnificent success of his 7 honorary sons, BTS. This particular event did indeed involve BTS, but... it had very little relation to their careers. 

Romance. A word not always uttered among KIdols publically and rarely uttered without concern privately. The word caused turmoil among fans, urging journalists and paparazzi to scavange as if seething, hungry rats into every nook and cranny of a scandal. One relationship between two groups was challenging enough and it was the deepest desire of every manager to breeze through their group's more rocky era's without a single mention of the word 'love' beyond that towards their families and supporters. 

If Dispatch caught wind of the inner love-lives of BTS, not only would Bang PD have a heart attack, but they would have enough shrapnel to feed the entire of South Korea multiple stories for multiple years. He could not believe that he, despite ending up with seven of the most talented individuals in the world, had also ended up nursing the group who refused to conform to Idol normality and expectation. 

Two staff-Idol scandals, two pairs of members dating and a fifth defying his contract and pushing to be openly bisexual, and here he was bringing back someone who might just very well flood BigHit with a third jaw-dropping secret that would very likely shatter BTS's progress. But she was the best. He grimaced, smiling comfortingly to the young woman in front of him. BTS's style had never been as praised as when Lee Sae-mi was in charge.

A knock sounded across the room and Bang PD  gulped, "Come in." He called out, smiling nervously as the curious, bubbly expression of Jung Hoseok filtered into view. 

"You wanted to see me?" He grinned, stepping into the room. 

"Yes...Hoseok...I don't want you to freak out but I've made the decision to bring back-"

Hobi's gaze met Sae-mi's. The two of them looked at each other with widened eyes, and suddenly, Hoseok's mouth pulled into a quivering circle of shock. He promptly fell to the floor.

However this, of course, was entirely performed, "Oh my gosh!" he screamed, throwing his hands up into the air and planting them dramatically across his face, "Yoongi! Yoongs! Come look!" After a brief moment of pattering feet, the door flung open and Agust D stared into the eyes of the young woman before him. He took one look at Hobi on the floor, then at Sae-mi, and then promptly screamed in terror.

"IT'S A GHOST!" He howled, deciding it would be most melodramatic to join his best friend upon the floor, wreathing in shock, "Hobi!" he rolled over to gasp at his best friend who was now quite perfectly imitating a moment of hyperventilation, "Hobi don't cry we can figure this out! HOBI!"

Though performed, it was this ear piercing cry that drew Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung to the office, the door flinging open violently as both maknae line singers dashed in, terrified that something had happened to their hyung. But, upon looking at an intensely confused CEO and a young woman crying with laughter, they realised instantly what was occuring.