Chapter Thirteen: Hoseok's Monologue

The older let out a deep, breathy moan, his shaking fingers loosely grasping the back of the younger's sweaty back in an attempt to maintain some hold during each inescapable heated wave of pleasure. The two finally relaxed their bodies, eyes meeting as they emitted syncopated gasps for air.

"Fuck," Min Yoongi swore, gulping desperately to gain a few little droplets of cool breeze amid the humid room. Sweat glittered against his forehead, the first few strands of hair sticking together in spiky clumps of hair dye and untouched roots. Dropping his arms to allow Jung Hoseok to clamber off the table, he reached up and intertwined his fingers under his head and let out an amused huff. "So this is what Sae-mi experienced, huh?" 

In an instant he had regretted his words. The dance leader shot a scowl of disapproval over towards him, muttering something sharply underneath his breath. Sitting up, Yoongi watched as his best friend maintained his irritated state while rummaging around for tissues and wipes, which he promptly chucked in the older's direction. 

Silently, Min Yoongi simply watched as JHope carried out the usual clean-up routine. Wiping down as much sweat as he could from the two of them, finding the two pairs of clean boxers he'd grabbed from the dorm, reaching for a water bottle for a still breathless Yoongi... all this he did in unusual silence. 

And then, once the two of them were fully clothed and back to lounging around the studio as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened, Yoongi decided he had experienced enough silence. "...sorry," he murmured, his eyes transfixed on his screen, flickering in a random array across various notes and samples without much recognition of what it altogether composed, "I shouldn't have said that." 

Hoseok shook his head, shifting a little uncomfortably in the warm surroundings, "Don't apologise, I shouldn't take offense for someone I haven't been with for years." He sighed, "Yoongi... Sae-mi and I...we didn't sleep together." 

The flickering pair of eyes stopped in their tracks, slowly turning from the bright screen to land on the nervous looking dancer upon the sofa. Yoongi frowned in confusion. Hadn't they been in love? While their relationship had been predominantly secret and very short lived, Hobi's reaction to her leaving had given the impression that the two of them had experienced some intense, emotional and romantic experiences which he would not forget. 

His response came out as no more than a strained whisper, "...You didn't...? I thought you had."  

JHope shook his head, "I did love her," he admitted, the confession sending a brief pang of distress towards Yoongi's fast paced beating heart, "But neither of us thought we had that sort of attraction yet."

The older furrowed his brow in confusion, "But, surely if you love someone, that attraction is there right from the beginning?" 

"Some people," Hobi let out a small smile, "Even if they have fallen in love, they are not yet ready to give such a monumental part of themselves to their partner. Even if someone has  had sex with another before, when they truly love someone, sex ceases to simply be a hormonal act. It deepens your bond, strengthens the trust and level of 'oneness' you have for them. Some people are simply not ready to experience that from the start if the chosen person is special enough." 

To his surprise, Yoongi was eerily silent. He had this sort of familiar expression on his face which Hoseok knew was an expression of curiosity and deep thought - but what was he thinking about? He had not expected the older to respond so significantly to his rambles but then... perhaps it made sense? 

Perhaps Yoongi was holding back, because he was scared of letting his emotions free. 

If there was any thought there which could have helped the young duo in delving into the more romantic aspects of their feelings for each other, Min Yoongi did not voice it for the rest of the afternoon.