His Work

"So I kissed a panada last night" I said, remembering the paint on Craig's face, from yesterday. "Just think of what you want to order" Craig said, not wanting to talk about it. "Whatever you say" I sang. I looked up at the bubbly sign, with array of names. I leaned against the counter, "Can we have a box of 12 donuts, half being a Apple n Spice and Vanilla Kreme filled, please. Also, a Mint Hot Chocolate and Vanilla Chai." I asked, with a superstar smile.

Craig had treated me to Dunkin' Donuts, this chilly afternoon. We waited for a while, before Craig was handed the delicious treats as I was given the beverages. The sweet aroma from the donuts, tickled my nose as I absorbed the interesting smell. "Want to go find a table?" he said, handing me the food, "I need to go take this phone call" he smiled, walking outside. I  didn't even hear it ring, most probably on silent.

I searched the room, looking for tables, to see people stuffing their faces with food or sinking into a nice cup of coffee. I skipped to a table once it caught my sight. It was cute table for two.

We had walked to this place, after searching for it. I need to explore America more. I picked the perfect day to wear my silk, body hugging black overalls with gold fasteners. A cream top with black sleeves and gold cuffs. I look quite adorable, well what he said this morning. I finished the attire with black toms. My feet needed rest from heels, and also a spiked gold necklace, under my collar. Tad OTT, but ahh well.

 I thought it was a quick phone call, so I waited five minutes, but he didn't show up so I popped the lid off my Vanilla Chai tea. The scent coming from this, was magnificent. I looked at the box of dounts, thinking what to eat first. I'm that kind of person. I closed my eyes and ended up, getting Apple n Spice. Boy, was it deliciously. I flew to the world of apples and rained on by spices. Shh. At least, I'm giving  you a description.

I played Subway Surfers on my phone, after waiting again for Craig, with occasional bite from the donut. The door by the side, of the shop, opened revealing Craig. "Finally. I didn't want to look like a fattie, eating a box of donuts." I smiled. Though I could if I wanted to, I can't front. "You say that now but I swear half the box is gone" he smirked. I instantly pulled a straight face. I coudln't hit him because he was across the table from me, and it will be quite awkward if my plan failed. 

"Who called you anyway." I asked, not to be nosey, just wondering because of the time he spent there. "Nothing important. Just had to talk some things out." he replied, drinking some of his Hot chocolate. His phone on the table, lit up, he looked at it before quickly turning it face down. "Seems as if you are ignoring them" I said. "Not exactly" he said in a nervous tone. I searched his face, for any face expressions, "Well okay" I smiled, biting the tip of the donut as the filling oozed out. "Well that looks so appealing" Craig said, sarcastically. "I know, magnificent creation." I giggled.

I got my phone from the table, getting a text message. I read it after looking at Craig, "Charlie sent me dozens of pictures of her at an art gallery with the gang." I told them to treat themselves and gave them some cash.  I said, showing him, the pictures while we laughed at them. I sure do miss the guys back there, I need to pay them a visit when I get back.

 "Wanna head on to the hotel now?" Craig suggested, after we spent a while there. He stood up and pulled my chair out, "Quite the gentleman" I said, in a posh manner. "Oh I know my ways" he smiled. He took my hand in his as we walked to the hotel. 

"I am so happy that you're back" I said, swinging our connected hands. "You came just in time" I smiled, towards him. I was slowly breaking down, I didn't even know how to cope each day. Same rountine of thinking of the past, etc. "I am happy that I get to hear your voice and see your face every time I wake up and when I'm about to fall asleep. It lights up my world" he said, holding both of my hands and looking at me.