Painful Memory

Sadly, I came back into reality and instantly got butterflies in my stomach. I remember the day like it was yesterday. Though the sunset was beautiful, I was still damn cold! 

I needed to go upstairs, as I pasted through the hallways. I had the greatest amount of curiosity. There in my perspective was a closed door. A door I hated to open, and pained to even contemplate on. However, my curiosity got the best of me.

My now sweaty palms was now on the door knob while my hand was shaking. Forcing the door open, my eyes wandered around the whole room. Posters of the latest boy bands, her secret diary, teddy bears and so many girly teenager stuff. I really didn't want to remember this memory but my mind wouldn't budge.

~~~

Craig and I was eager to meet her. Zia, soon to be Zia Crippen. We decided we didn't want to get a baby, so early in our marriage and agreed on fostering. The doorbell played its catchy tune. Craig and I smiled while Craig opened the door. Her green eyes laid eyes on us and her red lip gloss separated as she gave us a glowing smile.

She greeted us nicely with a shake of our hands and then embraced us in a huge hug. I was so happy there was a new member to the family. She got comfortable quite easily and was able to speak to us as her friend. She would put up her hair in a bun, when it frustrated her when in came on her face. Showing her caramel complexion and face structure. I know the boys will fall for her hard.

It was a couple more months til it was a full year with Zia with us. Yes, we have had our arguments but it made us stronger. Zia was now Craig's little princess and I was his queen. She had excelled in school and got good grades. We were a great family.

Until. 

Until that day came, I had just finished picking her up from piano lessons and she was gossiping to me about the boy she thought was 'drop dead gorgeous'. We arrived at the the door and we see Craig with a depressed and pained look in his eyes. 'Mum he was ahh-' her long speech was stopped when she laid eyes on her. She looked just like Zia but my age.

She stood up and spoke calmly saying "Zia, I've missed you and you can come home now" she said with enthusiasm and embraced her in a hug. Zia pushed her away "You left me mum, left me for dead." "You have no choice anyway." she replied. I shook my head at Craig but he slowly nodded. I was about to scream and cry and pour my heart out when Craig pulled me into a hug while I cried into his chest. Zia's bags were packed and she was lead to a car and her mum along side with her. 'Mumm! MUM! MUM!' she cried as she was forced inside the car. I got out Craig's grip and ran for the window, banging on the window screaming my lungs out. "Zia! I love you okay with all my heart! Zia! ZIAA!" but my pleas were no use. The car left and I started shaking while Craig tried to comfort me.

~~~

The day Zia left changed our relationship. We stopped communicating and blamed each other. 'You spoilt her' 'Too much love' 'She isn't a baby.' All of these words still hurt me til this day. Zia changed our lives for the best and she was ripped away.

I escaped that memory, I hated the thought of it! I freaked out and teared the posters, smashed the items and ripped the teddies. I broke out crying and just blaming myself again.

Hating I remembered a memory I hated to remember, but loved not to forget.

------

You've learnt more about her past and the emotions she's felt. Cereal and milk. 

Votes and Comment if you love MB!!!

-Tobi