Red wine & Untold secrets

I rushed to Anna's shower and she helped me with my hair. It will not be a good impression if I turn up late. I still had a hangover and headache but that was all put aside by my rushing.

~~~~

Warm hands went up my back with a cold metal following. The gold zip on my dark blue dress hugged my body. I looked in the mirror while Craig put the gold triangles necklace on me. He turned me around. "You look beautiful." "So do you." I thought through what I said, "Well not beautiful but handsome." I slid my burgundy blazer on my arms and moving my feet to adjust to the heels. "Even when you wear heels, I'm still taller." Craig chuckled.

The whole car journey I was nervous, we have been going strong for 6 years. The odd ups and downs but they were always completely worth it. 

We got to the front door, Craig noticed my nerves and kissed my forehead, saying "It's going to be just fine." While he gently held one hand. I knocked on the door as we saw both our mothers smiling. "Come on in, the guys are talking about the NBA finals." Our mothers were quite cool, even by their age.

My dad rubbed his hands together and Craig's licked his lip when the food came out. "Oh I sure am ready, to eat!" My father said, as his eyes were locked on it. Craig's father nudged him, "Ayy, I'll call the the biggest piece." They both started bickering. When Craig interrupted them, "Hazel and I will love to make an annoucement."

Our hands were linked under the table and we smiled at our parents. They all mirrored our expression. I turned to Craig and we said in unison. "We're getting married!"

~~~~

Oh boy, was I wrong thinking this day will be as great as last time. I was fiddling with my fingers under the table. I was wearing a purple blazer and platforms with a sleeveless black jumpsuit.

"So are you missing Craig?" Mr Crippen questioned. "Oh yes very. The house is quite lonely." Maya was about to say something when she held her breath. "Why were you late?" "Oh I woke up late." "Typical."  She said quietly. Dont Hazel. Don't.

She served us the food and I saw salmon on my plate. I looked down at it and gulped. I hate seafood. I ate the salad but picked at the salmon. "Something wrong?" Maya asked she said while raising a eyebrow, knowing I hate fish. "Sorry but I don't quite fond with fish." "Oh its okay" Mr Craig replied. "Psshh, no it is not! I spent my time slaving in the kitchen when unreasonable people say they don't like it!" She shrieked at me. "I apologised for my behavior but I don't like fish." I said calmy but a slight raise of voice.

"Well I pray for the baby! They won't get enough strength and let alone love!" She stood up. Is she obsessed with babies or something? "Pardon! How dare you say that. I will make sacrifices for the baby when I have one. Oh, don't you say anything about love! You do not know what I went through!" I matched her loud voice and stood up also. I didn't tell her about Zia, I can't bear it.

"What did you go through, Huh? Probably have tons of babies somewhere else!" "I haven't even had a child before. I have been faithful to Craig and he is the only person I will make love to!" "I certainly don't think you are good for him! Thank God I paid Zia's mum to take her away from you!" The room became silent and she regretted what she said. I pushed out my chair and ran out the house.

........................ 

Mother in laws! I like this chapter. Well how nice is Maya. I have to make a cover! :¦) *my moustache friend*

-Tobi