Contemplations of the Mind

A bowl of soup was thrusted towards me with the warm aroma and steam coming from the smooth concoction hit me face. I pushed my head on the headboard with frustration. 'I haven't got the flu.' I exclaimed with my remark ending with a 'achoo'. "You haven't got a flu but you stood in the rain last night singing!" I seemed pretty dumb. "Well you have work to go to." I said trying to hide my stupidity from yesterday. "I took a day off. I'm not going to let you be left alone if you're sick." He calmly said. 

That day he stayed with me, comforted me and we watched movies. Home alone is the best. Though a few days later, the boy got the flu.

~~~

This time a cup of coffee was thrusted towards me by a different pair of hands. "Sober up now!" I sighed and held the cup while it warmed me up. I looked at the dark blue orbs filled with determination. I caught yesterday because I called her practically drunk. "I need to catch a taxi in 10. Now drink!" Maria said while rushing me to drink the milky, creamy drink. "I'm going to have a Thanksgiving meal with Jacob's and my family." Maria smiled while sipping on her hot chocolate. This girl has an obsession with hot chocolate...its intersting. We spoke a bit until she had to leave for her taxi going up north.

I contemplated if I actually wanted to go to the meal but come on, who passes down family! I got up and got a blueberry muffin to go. I ran to my car with my scarf continually hitting my face. I got in the car and it sadly started to rain;creating a gloomy effect in the area and my car. I heard the soft beat coming from the radio and instantly knowing the song. 'If I lay here, if I just lay here. Will you lay with me and just forget the world..' The soft singing from the radio made me feel so relaxed and ponder about the things I said yesterday to Craig. He was right, I was just saying my emotions and not even thinking. I just wanted someone to blame and I ended up with regrets.

I drove into my driveway and saw a container holding some pumpkin pie but carried by someone else. My eyes then scrolled up to met theirs. I rushed out the car and into their arms.

Craig

I sat on the table saying endless negotiations with her. She wiped her red hair to the side occasionally and making blunt comments. "This has to be kept a secret." I told her. She responds by chewing her gum in a ghetto manner and finally stating "Sure." I smiled to myself and slid my hand across my short hair. I cut off the signature blond Mohawk. We both got up and went our separate ways. The chime of the bell on top of the door rang as I went out.

--

I heard that song on the radio while waiting for my daddy. We went out. I'm a daddy's girl you see! My mother was another year older yesterday and she will see many to come. Happy Thanksgiving!

-To Be in paradise