16. Protect You

Hoseok's eyes widened at the sight in front of him. His dearest hyung's beautiful face was covered with dark blue bruises. Seeing Yoongi like that shattered his heart. The brunette couldn't hold back the tears. He slowly stretched his shaking hand to other's face but never touched it afraid not to cause the pain.

"What happened to you, hyungie?" The younger whispered with a trembling voice.

Yoongi let out sigh. The last thing he wanted was Hoseok to find out about his abusive father like that. Instead of answering his question, the older said "You shouldn't be here, Hobi."

"Is that what bothers you? That I came without warning and saw all of this?" Hoseok sounded more irritated than scared. When Yoongi looked into his eyes he noticed something he had never seen before, anger. No, his precious Hobi had never lost his temper, he barely even frown. But at that very moment, the younger looked furious. He threw a deadly glance at the house behind Yoongi's back. "It was your father, wasn't it? And don't lie to me."

Yoongi averted eyes to his shoelace. For some reason, he found it hard to admit the truth. While the boy was thinking what to reply, he felt how Hoseok gently placed his long fingers under the older's chin and slightly lifted his head up so their eyes would meet. Yoongi got lost in the dark orbs of the younger as usual. He could easily read every emotion in those eyes. Hobi didn't seem angry anymore, he let the older know with his soft gaze that he was right there, by his side, ready to listen to everything. Yoongi wasn't used to feel so much care from someone, that felt odd for the silver haired boy. Finally, he gave in.

"Yes, it was him." The older said referring to his father.

"Let's go to the police station." Hoseok suggested immediately after getting the answer. However, Yoongi shook his head saying no. "Why not?" The brunette couldn't understand why his hyung refused to do something that was the best decision in that situation.

Not that Yoongi had never thought about going to police, but he simply couldn't. Mainly because of his mom. She was the person who should have ended all of that, not the boy. He couldn't just go and report his father on his own, moreover, Yoongi had no idea what his mom would do when police officers would come to get his dad. What if she chose his side and told the officers that her son was a liar? Who will they trust, a grown up woman or a teenage boy? Yoongi wouldn't be able to deal with consequences.

"No, Hobi I-I can't do that. You have to promise me not to tell anyone, you got it?" Suddenly, the silver haired boy started panicking. If Hobi exposed his deepest secret, everything would go awry. He couldn't let that happen, no one must know.

"But, hyung-"

"Just promise me, Hoseok!" The younger got taken aback by hearing his real name. Yoongi hadn't called him like this since... since they became friends, which happened almost instantly as they met. The brunette boy didn't want to make that promise because that would mean stay silent and do nothing. And Hoseok couldn't accept it. Then again, there was Yoongi who desperately begged the younger to keep quiet and Hoseok truly didn't know what to do.

"Hyung, let's go for now." He told Yoongi softly and placed his hand on the older's back to push him to the car, being completely oblivion of numerous contusions on the silver haired boy's back. Once Hoseok touched him, Yoongi winced not being able to maintain straight face because of the pain. Only then the younger realized that Yoongi had been roughly beaten, not just punched in the face as he thought, but severely beaten. That made Hobi's blood boil. He was seriously considering to break into that house and beat the shit out of that douchebag that called himself Yoongi's father.

"I have to hide my bruises before going to school. You go first, I'll see you th-"

"We aren't going to school!" Hoseok said firmly. He couldn't believe the older really wanted to go at school at this state.