50. Maknae's Golden Heart

Maknaes filler. Enjoy~

"Nice game, Kook

"Nice game, Kook." Taehyung handed his friend a bottle of water and sat next to the exhausted boy. The younger just weakly smiled at him and gulped down the water in one go.

The two still were at the gym. They had integrated PE class and the boys had just finished playing basketball.

"Thanks." Jungkook threw away empty bottle and secretly glanced at the students that were playing volleyball, Jimin was one of them.

"Have you been training lately? I don't remember you being so good at basketball." Taehyung brought the younger's attention back to himself, not failing to notice where he was looking.

"Ah, no hyung. I wish I had time for that. I'm spending lots of time with Yoongi-hyung. He helps me to write songs."

"That's great. I'm happy for you. I know you'll achieve a lot with your talent." Taehyung said sincerely. He always knew that Jungkook would be a great musician one day.

"I hope so too, hyung."

Suddenly, an airy giggle of particular blonde boy could be heard across the gym. Jungkook's eyes diverted to Jimin on their own and he couldn't help but smile upon seeing Jimin's happy face. The older was clearly enjoying playing volleyball with others.

If before Taehyung had some doubts, now he knew for sure.

"Kook, is there something you wanna tell me? About Jimin?"

Jungkook instantly looked back at his friend with terrified expression. That was something he feared to happen: Jimin and Taehyung find out about his feelings.

"Hyung, I.... Do you.... I'm...." He honestly didn't know what to say. Did Taehyung know? How? And what is Jungkook supposed to do now?

"Just tell me how it is, Kook. You can be honest with me."

Jungkook felt a sting of tears in his eyes. The boy felt extremely guilty, he was a real traitor. The younger couldn't even look at Taehyung out of shame.

"It's okay, Jungkook. I'm not mad at you." Taehyung said with deep and soothing voice when he noticed the younger's distressed face. "You like Jimin, don't you?"

"I'm sorry, Tae." Jungkook mumbled still not tearing the gaze away from the floor. However, Taehyung's long fingers tilted his head up so their eyes could meet.

"What are you apologizing for? I'm not the one who should blame others for falling for Jimin. I did too. It's impossible not to love him. He's an angel." He said softly with a warm smile lingering on his face.

Those words didn't make the younger feel at ease. He wanted Taehyung to yell at him and tell him that he was just terrible friend, because he deserved it! What he didn't deserve were kind words of Tae and understanding from the older boy.