post football game

nick's pov
october 21st, 2016
chapter 18
________________________________

I was looking for y/n but i couldn't find them. I finally saw them at the concession stand, looking afraid like they've seen a ghost or something. I go up to them and grab their hand, and surprise them. I felt them tense up.

"Hey y/n are you okay?" i say.

no words at all nothing coming from their mouth, they turn around right away and hug me. Now at this point i'm sweaty and gross. On top of that i'm blushing real hard, like real hard red face and hand over my mouth to keep me from smiling to hard.

"Hey we were looking everywhere for you, Where have you been?" I asked.

"Oh you know, just running away from people." Y/n chuckle.

"Um alrighttt...." I said with hesitation.

We both head back to the locker room with y/n waiting outside. I go to my stuff, the guys already there packing their stuff. I don't know if i'm still red from earlier but it's kinda hot in the locker room.

"You good bro?", Ron asks. "You're looking kinda red?"

"Yeah yeah I'm fine." I say while picking up my stuff.

I get all my stuff picked up and head outside with the guys. It was a semi long walk to the car, but not as long. As we're heading to the car i keep seeing y/n look back and i finally heard y/n whisper.

"hey there's someone following us.." y/n whispers.

All of us look back and our jaw dropped. We dropped all of our stuff since it was near the car. We all ran back to this mysterious figure and hugged them. Tears started streaming forming in our eyes. I glance back at y/n, they seem so confused. I wave for them to come over here and they came.

"y/n this is our old principal and football coach." i said.

William Brooks, principal and football coach since kindergarten throughout middle school. Ron, Stefan, Carlos and I went to the same school. It was a kindergarten through 8th grade. On top of that he was our coach for football, He's the one who raised us in football and other sports. I haven't seen him in so long and I'm so glad I get to see him again. Last I ever saw this man was right before finals before he had a injury, then I never saw him again... Until this day.

"Hey guys how's it going?", Mr. Brooks stated.

"Hey coach it's been so long, how are you? and most importantly what happened to you?!" Ron asks.

"Long story, when you guys have the time I would like to tell you over dinner." He says.

"Yeah for sure, here's our numbers. Since i can finally give you it since your not our teacher anymore." I said while putting our numbers in his phone.

He takes a glance at y/n and gives them a friendly smile. Then he looks at me chuckles and turns away to talk to the others. The all of us have a friendly nice talk then before you know it, it was already 9:45pm. Y/n was shivering, I decided to call it a night and head back to the car. I say my good-byes to Mr. Brooks and all of us head to the car, put our stuff in and head home. We dropped off y/n first then headed back to my place for a sleepover.

a few days later

I told my mom about Mr. Brooks, she was shocked as well. She didn't know what to say. Everyone was very good pals with Mr. Brooks and when he disappeared, we were concerned about him and where he went. This coming weekend we're having a small little party with all my old teammates from football. I was wondering if Y/n and their family could come. So I asked my mom and dad to see what they would say. They were still deciding if they should invite them or not. Since there are a ton of people coming already.

"But mom, they make such good food!" I whine to her.

"Yes yes, i know nick. But if we invite them and ask them to make food. It might be like we're using them for food." She says with a sigh.

"But which type of food are we gonna get? just pizza? ew no thanks" I laugh. "it could be a bbq again. bring something small or something big up to you when you come." i say while heading back upstairs.

"Yeah i think that might be the safest option for us." Mom says while going to the living room.

a week later

It's time for the party. It's pretty sunny out today for a weekend in October. People can hang out inside or outside it's really up to them.

Around 1pm people started coming. I forgot how many people we're on the football team. I say my hellos and welcome them in. Around 2pm I saw
y/n's text msg.

"Hey we're here." they say

"Ok" I replied.

"Could you help us plz?" they typed

"Yeah sure." I sent the message and walked right outside.

"Ah Nick, thank you for helping us" Y/m/n said.

"Ah no biggy" I said while picking up what was in their trunk.

We head back inside I went to go look for my mom to tell them y/n was here and thankfully I found her.

They greeted each other how they always do. I take y/n outside to where all the others are. They're just sitting back under the gazebo talking.

"Hey guys", I say while walking towards them.

"Ayeee Nick", Josh said while dabbing me up.

"Hey y/n" Ron says.

Y/n waves back. Says Hi to Carlos and Stefan and went to go sit down by them.

"Well this is Y/n" I exclaim. "They're new to texas." I say while taking a seat next to them.

"Ahh hey y/n" Josh says while sticking his hand out.

She was hesitant but She shook his hand. It looked super awkward. It was fun catching up with all of the guys. All the old memories we had. It was great time.

I finally stood up to get some food asked if anyone else wants to come, Y/n and Stefan said they'll come with me. So we head back into the house and head to the kitchen to grab some food. I grab a little bit of everything, and grabbed a drink from the coolers and waited for Stefan and y/n. They grab their drinks and we finally head back to the gazebo...

____________________________________
hey bby😩. anyways happy new year! mwuah love you
~ley💕