nine

Jin awkwardly sat next to the fifteen-year-old girl. His leg bouncing and his hands felt like they were on fire.

He stared at the picture Hana brought with her. A picture of her mother holding her as a baby.

Say something! Talk! Talk! Words! A voice in his head yelled.

"Tea!" He suddenly exclaimed.

Hana jumped and looked at him confused.

"I have tea- do you want tea- I don't really like it but I have a LOT!" He fumbled over his words.

"Oh sure. I'll take some tea thank you."

He could smack himself. He must have made her more uncomfortable.

Jin fumbled to stand up and make his way to the kitchen.

Hana looked around his apartment. "It's very nice in here."

He snorted. "It's rent-controlled."

She didn't know what that had to do with anything.

"Oh." She said simply.

"I'm uh... sure your house is really nice though. Much cleaner than this."

"Oh, it's tiny... I mean it's okay."

"Do you want lavender?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Lavender tea."

"Oh yeah sure."

Quiet again. He wasn't really sure what to say. Should he apologize for his colleagues trying to murder her and her friends?

"How is your mother..."

He turned to see Hana sitting at his dinner table that he almost never used.

"She's doing very well... have you met my dad before?"

Jin shook his head.

"Oh. Well my dad provides for my mom really well and stuff."

He poured the tea into his only clean mug.

Should have done the dishes... gonna think I'm a slob...

SLOB?! FROM THE SOUND OF IT SHES POOR TOO! WHO CARES WHAT SHE THINKS!

"I know this weird with everything... I know about... and you know about..." Hana made awkward gestures.

"Yeah."

"YOU GONNA CALL THE COPS HUH?!"

Jin flinched at the sound of his own voice.

Hana shook her head.

"I think I should but I don't know... your family right?"

Do they still count as family if they took part in trying to kidnap/kill you?

"Sorry I tried to kill you!"

Jin cleared his throat and hit himself in the back of the head. "Probably should have worded that better... but... yeah I would have never let them attack with you there if I had known."

With you there. Meaning he still would have let Shigiraki and the other members of the League attack... just with her absent.

Hana wasn't sure how to feel about that.

Hana's phone rang filling the silence.

"Oh excuse me... hello Mina?"

Jin awkwardly stood in his kitchen wondering if it would be inappropriate to start cleaning. God, when was the last time he did dishes?

"Oh alright... it's the weekend though... weird for Aizawa to assign work... I'm so behind already..."

Because of her work with Edgeshot she had not been able to keep up with her school work as much. Most nights she spent drinking an unhealthy amount of energy drinks while writing till her hand ached.

"Thanks...okay bye."

She hung up.

"I have to leave. My teacher just assigned a big paper due... um can I come over next week?"

Jin blinked. This wasn't a one time thing?

"Oh sure... um here wait I'll give you a key..."

He began to fumble around different drawers trying to find where he put his spare key.

"Dangerous neighborhood... don't want you waiting outside." He mumbled finally finding the key under some old newspapers.

Hana got out a blue keychain with a cartoon dog on it.

"Hey I loved that show as a kid." Jin said looking at her keychain.

Hana frowned, "oh I don't know the show... mom gave this to me."

Jin's eyes widened. "You've never seen Angel's on a Cold December?! It's a classic... hold on."

Jin grabbed a bunch of VHS's from his bookshelf.

"Your mom had a huge crush on the prince. I liked it cause it was super violent... we should watch this when you come over..."

He felt like a nine year old boy all over again. He would sit in his sisters lap and they would sing the theme song every time. They recorded every episode and kept it away in the garage.

"Oh sure!" Hana smiled.

Jin locked the door when she left and went over to the window. He pulled out a cigarette and began to smoke. He watched Hana skip away, her UA uniform.

Hana felt awkward when entering the UA dorms. Her classmates were talking amongst themselves.

She sat next to Bakugo and crossed her legs. Acting as if she was there the whole time. Maybe no one would notice-

"Red's here now." Bakugo droned not even looking up from his phone.

Hana glared at him and the conversation quickly stopped.

"Hey Kātā! Where have you been?" Ojiro asked with a smile.

Her neck began to sweat.

"Edgeshot... um wanted to talk to me about something important."

They all seemed to accept that as an answer. Izuku stared at her confused but said nothing.

"Uh what are we talking about?"

"The school festival is coming up! We're gonna sing a song!" Hagakure clapped.

"Hana can you play any instruments?" Mina asked.

"Uhh I can play the triangle?" Hana shrugged.

"Don't think we'll need a triangle, I'll let you know though." Jiro plopped down next to her.

Her classmates continued to talk about how excited they were. Hana zoned out, she reached in her pocket to feel the key her uncle had given her. She smiled.

A/N;  it's been so long since I updated I'm sorry y'all... school is hell and so is work! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll try to update soon!!!!
um anyways

Jin in this chapter be like: