ten

Izuku's home was not what Hana had pictured. It reminded her of the apartment that her uncle lived in.

His family home was more lived in, more personal than her uncles. Her uncle was just now, after 31 years, that interior design was necessary.

She left her shoes at the door and looked around the apartment. Izuku fidgeted behind her, clearly embarrassed.

"Your home is very nice, Ms. Midoriya," Hana said politely.

"Oh, why thank you, dear," Inko said with a smile.

"Izuku, show her your room!" Inko said to her son, who seemed to want to run out of the house and never look back.

"My room?" Izuku paled.

"Hana doesn't want to see my room," Izuku laughed nervously.

"I wanna see your room!" Hana nodded.

"Okay...." He nervously leads Hana towards his childhood bedroom.

He slowly opened the door and led her inside.

"No funny business!" His mom called out to him.

"MOM!" Izuku cried out and quickly went inside his room.

He looked at Hana, who seemed to be analyzing his room. Large All Might posters on the wall which did not seem to phase her. Various books about Pro Heroes and action figures scattered his shelves. What seemed to interest her the most were the family and childhood pictures. She looked at one and chuckled.

"Is this you and Bakugo?" She pointed to a picture of them on their first day of school.

"Oh, uh yeah... our moms made us take that,"

Hana took out her phone and took a picture.

"He looks so cute as a kid," Hana looked at another one of them on Halloween.

"I never noticed," Izuku said blankly, unsure how to take her apparent compliment of Bakugo.

She looked at one he couldn't see.

"You look kinda sad in this one," Hana pointed to the picture on the wall.

He got closer. It was him in an All Might costume; he couldn't have been more than eight. He wasn't sure what she was talking about with looking sad - he was smiling in the picture.

"I can tell... it's in the eyes. I was a sad kid, too," Hana said with a frown.

He remembered why he was so sad. It was the first Halloween where Bakugo wasn't dressing up with him.

"Oh, it just wasn't a good Halloween," Izuku said, taking the picture down and putting it on his desk.

"I like your room. It's nice," Hana said, fidgeting with her hands.

"Thank you..."

"Does me being here... make you nervous?" Hana asked, looking up at him.

"What? No!"

"Someone's room is very private. It's an... intimate thing to invite someone into your room."

"You invite me into your room all the time..."

She smiled and sat on his bed. "But you don't invite me into yours."

He was quiet for a second before saying in an almost whisper, "I didn't realize you wanted to be invited."

She shrugged in response.

What did that mean?

"No one has ever been in here before from U.A., so..."