six

Her room was different. Small subtle changes that he noticed. She had moved her plants around so they could get more sun. Izuku Midoriya could feel Hana Kātā's eyes on him. It scared him. He had fought supervillains and faced evil, but she was terrifying. She could see through him.

He turned to see her leaning against her door, seemingly blocking his escape. He supposed he could jump out the window if he genuinely wanted to... no... he would never recover from the embarrassment.

"Um... what did you want to talk about?" Hana asked with her hands behind her back.

"Oh uh... I wanted to ask you if... you studied for the history quiz tomorrow?" He flinched at his own voice.

Hana blinked and shrugged, "Yes. Do you want to borrow my notes?"

"Yes..."

She nodded and walked towards her desk. She opened a drawer and took out a notebook. She flipped through it to show him her notes.

"Here," she handed it to him.

"Thank you," he nodded.

There was a moment of silence. The moon was at a waxing gibbous, letting some light into her otherwise dark room.

"I don't... I don't need your notes..." He whispered.

She smiled and bit her lip, "Yeah no I figured."

She took back the notebook and tossed it on her desk. She brushed past him, their hands touching for just a second. Hana sat on her bed and watched him.

"So... are you gonna tell me what you wanted to talk about?" Hana asked.

"Can I sit?" Izuku asked gesturing to her bed.

Hana patted next to her. He smiled and sat next to her, close. Their knees touched but neither of them moved away.

"I'm... I'm really sorry for lying to you earlier. You didn't... you didn't deserve that." Izuku looked at her.

"I shouldn't have gotten that mad at you. It was personal and none of my business if-"

Izuku cut her off, "No you had every right to be mad. I keep feeling this weight on me and you try and lift it off me. But instead of accepting your help I just keep the weight on."

Hana swallowed.

"I won't tell anyone... really I'll take it to the grave if that's what you want... what you need." She whispered softly.

"I want... I want you to..." He couldn't get the words out.

She touched his hand and squeezed it.

"You can tell me."

They stared into each other's eyes—dark green meeting dark red.

"I'm gonna tell you something and it's gonna sound crazy but I just need you to listen to me okay?" He took a breath before speaking again.

"I was quirkless, the quirk I have now came from All Might, It's called One For All."

"Deku that's impossible... quirks only can be passed down from genetics you can't-"

"One For All is different. Recently I discovered other users contributed to my quirk not just All Might... It's like I can stockpile their raw power, allowing me to enhance and use all of their physical abilities."

Deku looked at her.

"Okay you're right it does sound crazy." Hana blinked.

He sighed.