four

Hana didn't even sign in with the secretary. She skipped to the elevator. She got here a little early today. When Edgeshot said "be here by nine" he meant "be here by eight-thirty."

She knocked on his office door. No one answered. Hana shrugged and walked in anyway.

She had never been in his actual office before. It was tidy. Various awards were on the wall but no personal pictures. The room smelt like it had been cleaned recently.

She traced a finger over the desk. No dust. Hana threw her backpack on the floor.

The redhead sat behind the pro heroes desk.

She sat there for a few minutes.

So he was the late one.

She couldn't wait to rub this in.

She looked at the drawers on the man's desk. One of them was locked.

No... she couldn't break someone's trust and privacy like this.

She glanced at the locked drawer.

She began to fidget.

Her mother had once told her that it was important to respect people's boundaries and that there should always be one thing people keep to themselves.

But... Edgeshot wasn't here. And she wouldn't necessarily tell anyone about whatever she finds in the drawer.

Curiosity killed the cat.

But satisfaction brought it back.

Hana began to look for the key. She looked all over his desk. Lifting up the keyboard. Looking behind the computer monitor. She began to crawl on the floor searching. She looked at the bottom of the chair she was sitting on moments before.

A shiny silver key was tapped to the bottom of the chair.

How strange.

She carefully tore the tape back and the key fell to the carpet.

Hana's delicate hands began to shake.

What was she doing?

Before she could stop herself she twisted the key into the drawer. It popped open.

She let out a sigh. Part of her was hoping it wouldn't work.

There was a single file in it. Big red writing said;

CLASSIFIED
DO NOT OPEN
[ FOR AIKO ]

Hana blinked. Aiko was her mother's name... why did he have a file on her mother.

Edgeshot couldn't be a stalker...

Talking came from outside the door.

"Shit!" She whispered.

Hana stuffed the folder in her backpack and locked the drawer.

The talking became louder and the doorknob twisted open.

Hana threw the key under the chair not even taping it back. She jumped on the couch.

Edgeshot entered the room with an assistant.

They both looked startled at her presents in his office.