nine

Hana Kātā woke up at five in the morning feeling sick

Hana Kātā woke up at five in the morning feeling sick. Her eyes opened suddenly, and a breath left her lips. She stared at her ceiling momentarily, debating whether she should get up. She had to train with Edgeshot today.

She groaned and grabbed one of her pillows to cover her face. It was still dark out. Nothing shined through her open curtains. She tried closing her eyes to go back to sleep, but sleep would not come as much as she had tried.

She heard grunting outside her window and frowned. Haru, her Venus Flytrap, seemed annoyed at the sound. He turned to her, silently telling her to investigate so he could sleep. She sighed and rolled out of bed. The cold winter air hit her bare legs, and a shiver went up her spine. She didn't hate any season. She liked to believe there were good things to find about spring, autumn, summer, and winter. But she had to admit it... she hated the cold.

She grabbed a blue robe that her mother had bought recently and tied it around her small frame. She opened her patio door to see Izuku training outside her window. He kicked in the air with his right leg and dropped down on his left.

He was shirtless. How was he not freezing?

"Having fun?" Hana asked, leaning on the railing.

He looked up at her, confused for a moment.

"With what?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes and turned to go back inside her room. Izuku jumped up to her balcony, feet landing on the railing. She blinked back in amazement. Izuku always surprised her with his abilities.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry." He said apologetically.

"Come down from the railing. It could break, and you could fall," Hana said, concerned.

Izuku bit back laughter. With a regale look in his eyes, he stood up on the balcony's railing with his hands in sweatpants pockets.

Hana frowned. "You're not funny."

"You think I'm a little funny? Admit it."

She rolled her eyes. Much to her delight (that she did not show), he jumped from the railing on the patio ground.

"It's freezing out here. You'll catch a cold training out here without a shirt on."

She touched his arm. It was like touching ice. She sighed and looked at him.

"Come inside and warm up. It's almost freezing out." Hana pulled at his arm and into her room.

Izuku suddenly felt like he was on fire. Her hand was so warm; she was always friendly. Now, he was in her room at almost five in the morning. This could get them in trouble, serious trouble. There were strict rules about this. Classmates were not allowed in each other's rooms at certain hours... especially not girls and boys.

However, he liked breaking the rules if it meant spending more time with Hana.

"Put your shirt on; my plants don't wanna see your six-pack," Hana told him.