three

EARLIER THAT DAY

It was around five in the morning when Izuku began training. He liked to go for a jog just as the sun started to rise and the grass was still wet with dew. He didn't jog for a particular purpose it was just to warm up and move his body. Recently however he had been thinking about the future - maybe it was the recent phone call with his mom.

He called her after training yesterday when he saw the three missed calls from her. He immediately worried but it turned out to be about a local festival.

"I don't think I'll have the time to go. You should go though!"

"You used to love going as a kid," He could hear the sadness in his mother's voice.

He wasn't really sure what to say to that.

"Oh, won't it be fun one day when you get to take your own children to the festival," she said somewhat dreamily over the phone.

He blinked before blushing, "My what?!"

He felt his hands get sweaty he couldn't even pay attention to the rest of the conversation. Eventually, his mom said she had to go and she hung up.

"Young Midoriya! There you are." All Might smiled at him.

"Oh, All Might... hello!" he cleared his throat.

They began their early morning training but he could not stop thinking in his mother's voice.

"... your own children."

"Hey All Might can I ask a question?" he asked mid-push-up.

"Yes?"

"One For All gets transferred through DNA right? So if I have kids or something will they get my quirk?"

"You planning on having kids sometime soon?" All Might joked.

"What no of course not! Not for a long time! I don't know if I want- hey are you dodging the question?" Izuku asked.

"Of course not! Honestly, I'm not sure if your quirk would pass over. From my knowledge the only One For All user to have a child was..."

His mentor.

"Her child didn't have the One For All quirk whatsoever." All Might finished with a stern voice.

Izuku thought for a moment.

"Hey, All Might how come you're not married?" Izuku asked.

All Might's eyes widened and he began to sweat profusely. A light pink blush scattered around his cheeks.

"W-well I mean I have had a various amount of romances in my life-"

"But you didn't like any of them enough to marry them?"

Izuku stood up and looked at the older man. All Might coughed so hard that some blood came out of his mouth.

Izuku blinked in child-like curiosity.

All Might eventually cleared his throat. "Why do you ask?"