seven

Hana woke up the next morning feeling like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She stayed in bed for a couple of moments before there was a knock on her door.

She looked at her alarm clock. It was barely seven in the morning. She got up and answered it. Izuku was standing there in a tee shirt and sweatpants.

"Good morning," Hana said leaning against her door frame.

"Morning! I wanted to ask if we can train together this morning?"

"Train?"

"You're a great fighter and I'm..." he struggled to find the right words.

"And you need more help in that department?" Hana finished.

Izuku nodded. She laughed.

"Alright let me get dressed okay?"

Izuku seemed to be vibrating with excitement and he smiled wide.

"I'll wait out front!" He smiled and ran off.

She chuckled and closed her bedroom door to get dressed. Christmas and New Year's had passed. She had spent the holidays at home with an escort from Midnight.

Hana never much cared for the holidays but that was mostly because she didn't care for winter which they fell on. But this Christmas wasn't bad.

Her parents had offered Midnight to stay but the hero said she had some parties she wanted to go to. Hana was slightly disappointed but she couldn't force her mentor to spend the holidays with a teenage girl and her parents.

She got some nice presents this year. A book on African plants from her father, a new pink alarm clock from her mother, and some new shoes. Midnight had also gotten her some jewelry that was way too expensive to wear to school. The last present that she opened was a new phone from her parents. How exciting it would be for a teenage girl actually to be able to properly text! Goodbye, old flip phone!

Her uncle had even gotten her something as well. She wasn't sure how he managed to sneak it into her pocket when she was out shopping but he did. A pack of new stationary pens and a note that read:

HAPPY CHRISTMAS I WISH I COULD GET YOU COOL STUFF BUT YOU LIKE PENS RIGHT?

Although he didn't sign it she knew it was from him. They were nice pens still in their packaging and all. Although she wondered if he stole them or actually paid for them. She pushed the thought out of her mind.

When it was time to return to her high school her father and she took the same train. Her mother had held her tight.

"Mom we're gonna miss the train." Hana could barely speak the air was being crushed out of her lungs.

"Aiko you never hug me like this," her father joked.

Her mother pulled away and wiped tears from her eyes.

"Shush I see you every day." Aiko slapped her husband on the arm.

"Mom I'll call when I'm settled back in the dorms okay?"

"You packed your new shoes? That new jewelry that Midnight got you?"

"Yes you watched me pack them!" Hana laughed.