Chapter Six: Zacky

I stood next to Brian, turning away from him so he wouldn't notice my cheeks turning red. My toes dug deeper into the sand. I've always loved the beach. Especially when there aren't too many people roaming in the sand or crashing through the waves. It's peaceful. I tilted my head back, looking at the sky. Several puffy clouds began to cover the sun, and I could feel the air becoming the slightest bit cooler as a shadow came over the beach.

I took several steps forward and Brian followed me, until my feet were exposed to chilly water. It wasn't a horribly ugly day, but it wasn't as pleasantly warm and sunny as I'd wanted it to be.

"Do you want to swim?" Brian asked, turning towards me. We were already wearing swimming trunks, and I had dropped my other clothes and belongings off at his house before we came. I still got excited at the thought of staying over at his house. (Even though nothing would happen.)

"I don't know, it's pretty cold..."

"Oh, come on." The older boy smiled as I looked over at him.

I loved his eyes. They were always thoughtful, and caring. And the color, the beautiful shade of chestnut brown. I longed to have something more than just a typical friendship. He began to take his shirt off, and I quietly sighed, doing the same. I didn't really want to swim when it was this cold, but I decided that if it was with Brian, then it would be worth it. I tried not to stare at his bare chest, blushing. I hated these feelings, considering there was nothing I could do about them. I'd never be able to make this anything more than a friendship.

We dropped our shirts into the sand, further away from the water. I felt Brian's hand brush against my own and my heart raced faster. We began to wade into the freezing water. He was a few feet in front of me, and an idea popped into my head. I smirked, dipping my hands into the shallow water and splashing Brian's back with the icy water. He let out a small gasp and turned around to look at me. I chuckled right before he dived at me. He pulled me towards the deeper water, dragging me down so I was up to my neck in the ocean water.

With his arms wrapped around me, he looked straight into my eyes, amusement filled in his own. I couldn't manage to hold in my own laughter.

"That was mean!" I playfully scolded him.

Brian pulled away, laughing with me. I had so many urges at that very moment, but they all went away when the the older boy leaned forward, gently placing his lips against my own. All of my previous doubts about us were ignored at that moment.

I hoped and longed that he wouldn't hear my racing heart, pounding in my own ears. Brian's lips were soft, sweet. I felt him wrap his arms slowly around my waist. He pulled away for a moment for a breath, only to return to his original position. I lifted my arms, wrapping them around his neck, trying not to smile through my excitement.

Almost as if on cue during our kiss, the sun reappeared from behind the clouds. Both of our eyes were closed, trying to savor the taste of each other's lips. But I could feel the warmth of the sun's rays.

I didn't even know Brian liked me, and now, here we were. Neck deep in the ocean, kissing each other. I could taste the salt on his lips, from when we had previously crashed into the waves. I felt his arms over my hips. We parted once more, quietly panting.

Until our lips crashed together again.