Chapter Twenty-One: Brian

My mind went blank. I didn't know how to react. Zacky had just told me that he forgives me? After everything I had done?

But how does this change anything? I asked myself. Just because he forgives me does not mean we can have a relationship, let alone, even a friendship.

I was pulled from my thoughts as Zacky leaned forward and kissed me. I almost panicked.

I missed the taste of his lips. The exotic feeling of his snakebites.

He leaned away, blinked at me, and then our lips crashed together again.

"I'm so sorry." I said, one final time between kisses.

"Stop saying that." Zacky replied, "I-it shouldn't have taken me this long to realize that I should have forgiven you."

"I love you, Zacky."

He didn't respond, but that didn't surprise me very much. I knew it would take him time to regain his trust and love towards me. But he took my hand as we walked back to Matt's garage, unlocking our fingers only before anyone would see.

~*~

The band didn't do much that day. Before I left, Matt gave me a folded up piece of paper.

"This is the song you're gonna write the solo for." He said, as I took it. "Not to disappoint you, or anything, but to be honest, the song is only like, a minute long."

That did disappoint me. A lot. But I tried not to seem bothered by it. I mean, at least I was getting on the album anyways, right?

Jimmy and Justin had already left, and Zacky was getting ready to leave.

"Okay." I responded. With that, Matt left the garage, and entered his house.

"Come over." Zacky said, which left me astonished.

He put his guitar in his car, and drove away. I did the same, pulling up to his house only a minute after him.

He had left the door open, so I just walked in. No one seemed to be home, other than him.

"Zacky?" I asked.

He appeared from the living room, embracing me with a hug. He laid his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes.

"I love you." He whispered.

~*~

Zacky and I tried our best to forget everything that happened. We sat on the couch together. Well, I sat. He laid on me, playing with my hand. I watched as he turned it. Then he pulled it to his lips, and kissed it.

I smiled at him, then leaned down and kissed his forehead. My lips trailed down his nose, to his lips.

"You can't stay over, I'm sorry." Zacky said as I leaned away.

"I know." I replied, frowning.

Eventually Zacky sat up, wrapping his arms around me. He kissed my cheek, then leaned his forehead on me.

I used to ask myself how people could ever hurt this incredible boy. Now I'm asking myself, how could I ever hurt this incredible boy?