Chapter Thirty: Brian

I woke to the bright rays of sunlight streaming past the curtains of the hotel room balcony. My arms wrapped around Zacky's bare body, securely holding him against my chest. At first I didn't want to move. I wanted to stay in bed and cuddle with my boyfriend. Yet, I reluctantly scooted away from him and quietly got out of the bed.

I found and collected my boxers from the floor, the memories of the night before replaying in my mind. I hadn't even noticed that I was staring at the floor, smiling stupidly.

I quickly pulled my boxers on. After looking at the time, I realized how late it was and decided to wake Zacky.

"Hey, Zee." I walked back over to him, gently nudging him on the shoulder.

He let out a small, indistinct noise before closing his eyes tighter.

I walked back to the remaining clothes on the floor, gathering his. Then I tossed them to him, feeling slightly guilty when they landed directly on his head.

"Oops," I mumbled, "Come on Zack, get dressed."

He let out an obviously annoyed groan, though remained in bed.

I slumped my shoulder in defeat, turning to the kitchen and making coffee for the both of us.

~*~

I wrapped my arm around Zacky's waist, taking a small sip of the still scolding hot coffee. We stood on the small balcony outside of our room, looking out over the parking lot. It wasn't much of a view, but the fresh air felt nice.

"Hey, Brian?"

Our eyes met, and I raised an eyebrow, "Hmm?"

Zacky turned back to the parking lot, squinting at the sun shining directly on us. Then his gaze locked onto mine again.

"I love you." He whispered, though he didn't kiss me, which was slightly surprising.

I couldn't help but smile, "I love you too."

He rested his head on my shoulder after setting his coffee on the small table beside us. There were two chairs as well, but Zacky and I both preferred to stand. Holding him close, I took in a deep breath.

"Go take a shower, you smell like sex." I whispered, causing him to giggle.

"Only if you come with me."

So I did. Zacky and I helped each other wash off, stopping every so often to stand in the hot spray of water.

After a while, I turned the water off, but Zacky stopped me before I got out.

"Brian, can we fill the tub with water, and just sit here?" He asked, looking up at me. "No soap or anything. Just like, a hot tub maybe."

I smiled, then closed the drain on the floor of the bathtub. As it filled with hot water, I opened my arms for Zacky. He stepped forward, surprising me when he began planting kisses on my neck.

~*~

With the water filled to the edge of the tub, Zacky and I sat. He sat in front of me, between my legs as I rested my chin on his shoulder. The warm water felt nice surrounding us, except Zacky ruined it when he quickly moved his arm backwards, splashing me. He giggled, swiftly moving away from me before I could get him back.

"It's a fucking war now, Baker."

We began a battle against each other, splashing the warm water. It almost felt childish, but you have to have fun sometimes, right?

After about a minute, we stopped, and Zacky moved closer to me once more. He wrapped his arms around my waist, giving me a swift kiss on the cheek.

"God, Zacky, you're so fucking perfect." I whispered, leaning my head against his.

He gave his head a small shake, almost in disbelief.

I sighed, "You don't believe me?"

Then he gave me a small shrug, refusing to look me in the eye. I breathed out another sigh, unsure of how to respond.

"So, if I said you're perfect, you'd automatically believe me?" He asked, turning to me.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm pretty fucking hot." I chuckled.

"I guess I'm just, I don't know. Too insecure?"

I frowned, "I don't like that. You should be just as happy with yourself as I am. With you, I mean."

He just gave me another shrug, "Sometimes I just feel like I'm not good enough for you."

I furrowed my brows, taking my hand beneath his chin and turning his head so that he faced me.

"Don't ever say that. Zee, there's no fucking way in hell that you're not good enough."

"I'm sorry." He whispered, avoiding my gaze.

"Don't be sorry, just don't treat yourself like shit." I sighed, then leaned my head on his shoulder again after releasing his chin.

He turned to me, giving me a gentle kiss on the head.

"Zacky, you're perfect. End of conversation."